• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pods

DYIguy

NJRC Member
My fish aren't picky, looking at pods on ebay- Tisbe, or 6 different kinds- 16 oz bottle- 3000+ from $18- to $23 with shipping

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I went and ordered the 6 different type of pods 16oz/ 4000+ for $22 +tax and free shipping- the supplier has a 97% positive feedback- guess I'll find out

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Do they come all in the same container? Bc i thought they ate each other kinda like phyto
One container but many are nymphs / juveniles-from a few microns to 50+ shipped in fresh seawater with no rotifers- I'll keep you posted - says most are dormant during shipping

DYIguy

NJRC Member
That's a question to think about. No matter who you buy pods from, how do you check the numbers? Only way I can think of is to put them in a tank with no predators and stay up after light out with a flashlight lol

That's a question to think about. No matter who you buy pods from, how do you check the numbers? Only way I can think of is to put them in a tank with no predators and stay up after light out with a flashlight lol
I would imagine it's basically impossible considering they'd mix and move and there's no way to keep track lol.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I figure I got nothing ( much ) to lose- the big online stores charge about double and add shipping for a 16oz/ 3000 count- I did fine with Deans before-just thought I'd try something different

I figure I got nothing ( much ) to lose- the big online stores charge about double and add shipping for a 16oz/ 3000 count- I did fine with Deans before-just thought I'd try something different
I've been looking into possibly starting a big culture of either Tig pods or amphipods. But haven't decided yet. So maybe I'll try this guy out for a starter culture

If you want amphipods the ocean is your best friend if you live close to shore. Unlimited supply of pods

Attachments

• 615C7BEA-546F-475A-9A9C-1B9CDF297CF4.png
    615C7BEA-546F-475A-9A9C-1B9CDF297CF4.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 14
  • B0B56857-15AA-452E-982B-7B76A27285D6.jpeg
    B0B56857-15AA-452E-982B-7B76A27285D6.jpeg
    615.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 77F914B0-89D0-46A2-9141-FDDBC1133BEC.jpeg
    77F914B0-89D0-46A2-9141-FDDBC1133BEC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Some things I've said here: "Can't fix stupid" and "Oops I did it again"- Usps 2 day is now 3 day and this order was 4 day-not thinking that a few more hours wouldn't make any difference- I added the pods to the tank in the afternoon. instead of waiting until lights out- I did use a pipe and directed them towards the bottom/ rock- but since so many are minute and carried by the flow, I watched the chromis feast on the floaters- hope some made it- guess I'll be ordering more sooner than later

I ordered as well, shipped Sunday and arrived today. Directed some under the main rock and in some crevices and dumped most in the fuge. There were plenty swimming around in the bottle when it arrived. Thanks!

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I ordered as well, shipped Sunday and arrived today. Directed some under the main rock and in some crevices and dumped most in the fuge. There were plenty swimming around in the bottle when it arrived. Thanks!
Who did you buy from