• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pods

Salted

NJRC Member
Headless Horseman Pods
eBay seller spehors77
I just ordered from this seller. The two bottles for $30 seemed like a good deal. **Tip** - I didn't buy at first, just did a "watch this item" as a reminder. The seller just sent me an 8% off offer so I just ordered and got 2 bottles for $23.99 and free shipping. Between Haus and myself lets see how it goes.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I just ordered from this seller. The two bottles for $30 seemed like a good deal. **Tip** - I didn't buy at first, just did a "watch this item" as a reminder. The seller just sent me an 8% off offer so I just ordered and got 2 bottles for $23.99 and free shipping. Between Haus and myself lets see how it goes.
Thanks for the **Tip**- am now 'watching'- keep us posted

I am happy with the purchasse....held off on answering so I could look to see how the pods were doing but of course didnt see any lol. The price was great and looked like a good quantity so we’ll see!

Some more.more for sale text.me.if interested.

Savvy move ! I hope it works out well...

I will likely try again at some point, maybe order some today to go with the new pods....I see Dean’s on eBay, also SunCoast Marine on ebay looks good (looks like a good place to start a home culture if I ever go that way, which I’d like to if i make a habit out of using it). I just wrote to SunCoast to see which of their phyto’s they recommend for pods and coral since they have many strains.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I will likely try again at some point, maybe order some today to go with the new pods....I see Dean’s on eBay, also SunCoast Marine on ebay looks good (looks like a good place to start a home culture if I ever go that way, which I’d like to if i make a habit out of using it). I just wrote to SunCoast to see which of their phyto’s they recommend for pods and coral since they have many strains.
I would be interested in what Suncoast tells you about the phytos

I just bought the pod hotel. I wonder if this is as good as it claims to be or if I just got sucka'ed with some 30 piece of garbage. I'll let you know

I bought pods locally and run a small 3g tank about 3/4 of the way filled with fresh salt water. I added some pods from where I purchased locally. I add about 2-3 ml of phyto every 2-3 days and I have an unlimited supply of pods. They just keep reproducing. All you need is a small air pump and a little bit of light for them. No heater and water changes happen when you siphon them out. I have two mandarins in separate tanks so buying them was getting too expensive.

I would be interested in what Suncoast tells you about the phytos
Here’s their reply:

Nannochloropsis is likely the most popular food for copepods and many filter-feeding broadcast applications. Chlorella is similarly nutritious, but is a freshwater species and not naturally found in a reef environment. Chlorella is a great option for feeding a reef, but you should be careful not to overfeed as the remaining phyto would not survive in the system nearly as long as a marine species such as Nannochloropsis.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Here’s their reply:

Nannochloropsis is likely the most popular food for copepods and many filter-feeding broadcast applications. Chlorella is similarly nutritious, but is a freshwater species and not naturally found in a reef environment. Chlorella is a great option for feeding a reef, but you should be careful not to overfeed as the remaining phyto would not survive in the system nearly as long as a marine species such as Nannochloropsis.
Guess I'll keep buying mine lol- never got the discount for the pods @Salted bought- will place an order tomorrow

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Got my pods today- 1 day for me- got 2 bottles- maybe more than enough -do you ever have enough- my 4 tanks total about 100g - this time I'm feeding the fish heavy first- not that matters- they'll eat until they explode- will put 90% in the sumps close to lights out- a lot more activity in the bottles from my last order- different supplier