• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

possible tank upgrade

Andy & Matt
How ??? how can the hard left at the bottom of the stairs be made? the ceiling is 72/73" tops so it couldn't go on it's end.

thanks Ralph I'll definitely be calling when the time comes :)

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How long is the tank? There may be enough room to make the turn as there is room at the end of the stairs. We would need the tank dimensions and have to take some measurements of the stairwell.

Tom, please don't frown over a "only" 265 gallon tank. :) But....I don't understand why that was recommended, to tell you the truth. Can you explain it to me in "Wendy's terms"...please? :-[

If you're talking about supporting the tank's weight from your basement, and gas ducts are in the way, shouldn't it be easy enough to move those so you can add supportive beams down there as necessary? I'm sure it's doable.

---
Wendy

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Moving beams,tripleing up beams, gass lines, electric, and duct work are not a problem. The only problems there might be is 1: How soon would this need to be finished? I can only spare to take off most weekends. 2: We would need room somewhere to setup shop.
If we can get another carpenter onboard who can start framing the stand and a few other things, we can make this happen.

Wendy, basicly so there would be more room for the plumbing.

Mike, I called the company today about the tank, I left a message asking them how long it will take to build and deliver the tank. Once I hear back I'll have a better idea of the time frame. I also called 3 places for estimates on construction. 1 is supposed to come out tomorrow and waiting on a callback from the other 2. Faith is also starting to get iffy again about doing this after hearing what's involved and the cost. I don't want to wait too long for fear of her changing her mind :mad:

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What do you need the construction co. for? We can do everything. The only time consumming thing for me would be skinning the stand.

MikeM said:
Faith darling. I have 2 more sets of puppies ;D

I don't think that will work this time :) we kinda wore that one out :p

MikeM said:
What do you need the construction co. for? We can do everything. The only time consumming thing for me would be skinning the stand.

Mainly to get a idea of cost and whats involved.