• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

problem with filter sock holder...

OK, Maybe it's just me but I figured I would ask....
Am I the only one whose filter sock falls out of the holder and sends crap floating through my DT ?
I have one of those acrylic things holding the sock in place from CPR. It is the dual intake holder.

What on planet earth can I do to keep this thing from falling ?

Or better yet... is there a better thing for me to buy that will not allow the sock to fall into the sump ?

I bought the one BRS sells and it seems to be OK. I've had it for about 6 months and haven't lost a sock yet. I'm using the mesh type sock instead of the felt though.

malulu

NJRC Member
i used Flex-PVC as drain-pipe, and it stick all the way inside the sock. so it won't fall off.

I use a 4" PVC stand pipe with many 1 1/4" holes drilled in it set in a 3x4" toile flang. The sock or filter material sits in that 4" pipe. Works like a charm.

Believe it or not, I use the plastic lid from a kitty litter container. I cut out a hole the size of the sock ring and sit the lid over the side of the sump which will hold the sock. It fits perfetly and works great. I have been using for about five years.