• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Proposed Changes to Memberships..... - Please read and vote

Agree to combine all Memberships to Jan 1?

• Yes

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Increase Annual Membership to $20

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Keep Memberships at $12

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hello NJRC....

The BOD has been debating a few changes...

1. Create one day for all NJRC memberships to renew
Currently we have staggered renewals based on sign up date. so in a give year we may get 1000 dollars in memberships but they would come in slowly throughout the year. Very hard to make a budget and plan for activities with this method. The BOD is proposing to prorate all current memberships to end of year and then begin the new structure in Jan 2021. It will be a massive undertaking but can be done.

2. Proposal to raise annual memberships to $20

Currently we have just enough to keep the lights on. but would like to get back into the spirit of our charter which are
- donating to reef causes and
- holding more events like Jackson and the party in Feb in south Jersey. this requires money and we cant really depend ll the time on the generosity of vendors. The extra 8 bucks would be used to hold at least one more event like Feb with similar items and raffles and alos try to expand the Jackson event. Maybe even start planning a frag swap for next year.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@kabal2 we rotate our meetings throughout the state. We need to agree on a central location in North Jersey where we can plan events better for sure. Maybe a small committee to discuss is warranted if your interested in leading it

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good to me. I thought number 1 was already done last year.
With the system upgrade, it pushed it back a bit. Now that we have more free time on our hands, we'd like to see what the club thinks and potentially go ahead with it.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Totally in agreement with both. To be honest I would have pushed for doubling the membership fee as its been $12 since I joined in 2005.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I'm assuming we'd do it quarterly for initial signups?
For example, if new member signs up Jan-Mar its $20
Apr - Jun $15
Jul - Sept $10
Oct- Dec $5
Then do a $20 annual renewal on January 2nd for every year following?

Also thought - is it possible to do auto renewal fees annually with a card on file, like other subscription services?
Club can send out reminders in early December that membership is renewing. That gives folks a chance to cancel before the auto billing.
Beats chasing people for fees IMHO.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I'm assuming we'd do it quarterly for initial signups?
For example, if new member signs up Jan-Mar its $20
Apr - Jun $15
Jul - Sept $10
Oct- Dec $5
Then do a $20 annual renewal on January 2nd for every year following?

Also thought - is it possible to do auto renewal fees annually with a card on file, like other subscription services?
Club can send out reminders in early December that membership is renewing. That gives folks a chance to cancel before the auto billing.
Beats chasing people for fees IMHO.
Yes, that's the plan, the charges will be prorated. It may get a little clunky for us on the backend but it would be the simplest way for the members.

As far as holding a card on file, I'm not sure if we can do that and I personally wouldn't want to, to avoid headaches. If folks wish to cancel their membership, they should do so directly through their PayPal or they can contact us and we can do it manually.

Folks, in the past have requested membership or charge refunds (for ex. dbl payments) and have received it, with no questions asked after we looked into it.

Yes, that's the plan, the charges will be prorated. It may get a little clunky for us on the backend but it would be the simplest way for the members.

As far as holding a card on file, I'm not sure if we can do that and I personally wouldn't want to, to avoid headaches. If folks wish to cancel their membership, they should do so directly through their PayPal or they can contact us and we can do it manually.

Folks, in the past have requested membership or charge refunds (for ex. dbl payments) and have received it, with no questions asked after we looked into it.
I’m liking the idea of it all,, as far as catering to people in the northern area of jersey, I would think you’d just need a member willing to host meet in the north area, or am I missing something

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I’m liking the idea of it all,, as far as catering to people in the northern area of jersey, I would think you’d just need a member willing to host meet in the north area, or am I missing something

The problem with the "polar caps" in jersey is that when you go to deep into either section you essentially exclude the people from the other end. Because the drive because 2+ each way. So we would like to have more events there but need to be cognizant of travel time in order to include ass much members as possible. North jeresy includes north and north west (philly border) its tough to coordiante to say the least

The problem with the "polar caps" in jersey is that when you go to deep into either section you essentially exclude the people from the other end. Because the drive because 2+ each way. So we would like to have more events there but need to be cognizant of travel time in order to include ass much members as possible. North jeresy includes north and north west (philly border) its tough to coordiante to say the least
Then we need to get those folks to work out a good in the middle area where all can access the meet ,, I’m sure the north jersey peeps can work it out amongst themselves and come up with a common ground
I myself don’t mind long rides and to me anything in jersey is a trip around the corner for milk. I traveled all over the place when I was wrestling and mostly drove to the show
I went to Boston did a show and turned right around and drove home 23hrs total twice a month

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
If folks want to have a club meeting up north, they are more than welcome to host one. Im in Roselle and I've gone as far as Hackettstown and Dumont for a club meetings. And have gone as far south as Brick and TSM corals in Sewell.

Timing is everything with a meet, so if folks really want to attend, to me the location doesn't make a difference.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I'd still like to do the Summer bash in Brick (central) -maybe in August instead of July if nothing is planned and no-one has claimed the month.
Depending on evolving circumstances, of course.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
honestly bro, everyone here is family so it really doesnt matter to me how much yall gotta raise it. you have my support 100%. i think we can definitely have get togethers in August, even if we have to wear masks, im down. im so used to wearing a mask when i go anywhere in public that it doesnt make a difference to me anymore. :dance::dance::dance:

honestly bro, everyone here is family so it really doesnt matter to me how much yall gotta raise it. you have my support 100%. i think we can definitely have get togethers in August, even if we have to wear masks, im down. im so used to wearing a mask when i go anywhere in public that it doesnt make a difference to me anymore. :dance::dance::dance:
Well I’m looking forward to having a lil something at my place in July , but if mark has a reoccurring event then I’ll wait,, I’m just waiting on the number of people allowed at one time to be more then 25,, then I was gonna pick a date, I only need 3 weeks of prep to pull off a bomb of a good time,, gonna call it the UBER Meet,, lol but if mark has plans I’ll back up there

I live in Northern NJ, Hunterdon County. When I hosted a meeting back about 10-12 years ago I got nearly 60 people to attend. I wouold be willing to host another meeting, although my tank is just getting cycled now. Let me know if you guys are interested.

I live in Northern NJ, Hunterdon County. When I hosted a meeting back about 10-12 years ago I got nearly 60 people to attend. I wouold be willing to host another meeting, although my tank is just getting cycled now. Let me know if you guys are interested.
Awesome offer, a couple more in northern/ western jersey and we should be on our way to steady get togetherness

eli smoke

NJRC Member
I don’t participate in this much. Wish I had more time. Someday I will get to a meeting if there is one close ish to the bottom of the state. I’m good with both 20 bucks isn’t bad. You could charge that much a month just to be able to read @paul b’s posts.