• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Proposed Changes to Memberships..... - Please read and vote

Agree to combine all Memberships to Jan 1?

• Yes

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Increase Annual Membership to $20

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Keep Memberships at $12

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
What about a life-membership? I would donate for a life membership if it were say $100. Maybe set up a sub forum for "lifers" and add a splash on the avatar. It's not really "buying" anything other than to show peeps that you're hard core for the club. =) The upside is a larger infusion of cash up front, but the drawback is lower annual amounts in the future.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@Hawkeye That’s a great idea but cash flow wise it wouldn’t work. The club would exhaust all these lifer memberships in 5 years and have no more recurring revenue to offset the annual expense. We would be bankrupt in 5-10 years on that model. Unfortunately.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Maybe make a voluntary option to be a premier supporter and pay a higher annual membership? R2R does something like this....

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Or how about a membership that allows for repeat coral sales? I’m not talking vendor, but someone who is still hobby level, but their sale offers are frequent and usually a higher volume.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
And users who pay for whatever should have forum badges identifying them as supporters (even at the first level).

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Or how about a membership that allows for repeat coral sales? I’m not talking vendor, but someone who is still hobby level, but their sale offers are frequent and usually a higher volume.
For this we do have a Jr. Sponsorship level for folks In this category. Right now its at at $150pr yr

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
And users who pay for whatever should have forum badges identifying them as supporters (even at the first level).
We can come up with a separate badge, would just need to have an idea on what it would look like.

For ex. the R2R supporting member banner is equivalent to our club membership fee.

So are thinking like a tiered system?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I'd still like to do the Summer bash in Brick (central) -maybe in August instead of July if nothing is planned and no-one has claimed the month.
Depending on evolving circumstances, of course.
If things change, feel free to host this meeting.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
For this we do have a Jr. Sponsorship level for folks In this category. Right now its at at $150pr yr

Like usual, you guys are way ahead of me! :) it should be required on the folks that sell a bunch. Folks like me that usually (non pandemic times!) have a for sale thread every month or two. I don’t make any money on this stuff, but the site is helping me support my hobby and should be supported as such.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
We can come up with a separate badge, would just need to have an idea on what it would look like.

For ex. the R2R supporting member banner is equivalent to our club membership fee.

So are thinking like a tiered system?

that’s what I was thinking, and they have higher levels too.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Like usual, you guys are way ahead of me! :) it should be required on the folks that sell a bunch. Folks like me that usually (non pandemic times!) have a for sale thread every month or two. I don’t make any money on this stuff, but the site is helping me support my hobby and should be supported as such.
The problem is how do we guage that? Is it by thread count? By piece(s) sold? Its definitely something we have tried in the past but was short lived. Once folks were asked to pay the $150, 9/10 times they just packed up n moved on.

DangerDave

NJRC Member

So i was just looking at them. If I take a sponsor or jr sponsor spot, does anything change for me? Im happy to help by kicking in more but I want to be a member, not a sponsor. Lol if reefing became work I’d prolly hate it.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
So i was just looking at them. If I take a sponsor or jr sponsor spot, does anything change for me? Im happy to help by kicking in more but I want to be a member, not a sponsor. Lol if reefing became work I’d prolly hate it.
It wont change anything for a Jr. Sponsorship as an additional banner will be added. For Gold, you will get your own forum, be moved to vendors forums and will only be able to post items for sale under there.

It wont change anything for a Jr. Sponsorship as an additional banner will be added. For Gold, you will get your own forum, be moved to vendors forums and will only be able to post items for sale under there.
All these great ideas we definitely need to all get together and really discuss it and try and hash it all out and see what we can come up with as a collective group all I need is two days notice and I will definitely be able to make it to any place that I would have to for such a meet

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Ok

I was just wondering because I thought “sponsors” didn’t have access to the member forums.

Haha @DangerDave, don’t ruin a hobby by doing it for a living; as Hunter S Thompson said, “Old whores don’t do much giggling.”

20/person is a no-brainer low cost increase. Family should go up accordingly as well. Tiers is a different challenge to define and implement, and the challenge is to incentivize them without cheapening the sponsorship level. Maybe if you can set it that basic members can start a limited number of deals and steals threads per year, and the next tier has unlimited, then vendor keeps getting their extra benefits.