• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Quiet One 1200 or Sicce Syncra 1.5 for return

27g cube, w/ Glass holes overflow rated at 350 gph. Bought a Mag Drive 3 for the return today and it's just a hair to wide to fit in my sump return section Eshoppes sump. I don't know anything about Quiet One pumps or Sicce Syncra but both appear to fit in the area, which one would you recommend / is a better brand? Can't believe this Mag Drive won't fit :(

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had a quiet one 2200 and it was anything but quiet. I have a Syncra 3.0 on my 40B and like the pump so much I got a Syncra 5.0 for my 65 tank I'm setting up.

27g cube, w/ Glass holes overflow rated at 350 gph. Bought a Mag Drive 3 for the return today and it's just a hair to wide to fit in my sump return section Eshoppes sump. I don't know anything about Quiet One pumps or Sicce Syncra but both appear to fit in the area, which one would you recommend / is a better brand? Can't believe this Mag Drive won't fit :(

Did you try to rotate the impeller housing on the Mag 3?

Thanks for the recommendations & Downbeach, you're the man. Wasn't sure I could rotate that but rotating it and moving the foot I can fit it, not a lot of room but it fits, I owe you a cookie. Off to drill my return hole & buy some plumbing. This thing maybe up and running by Thanksgiving, woot.