• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RAP Ny

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Who’s going and when?

Also been out of the loop a bit, do we still help out at all?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I think we will head up for a day, will depend on weather and what not. We went Sunday last year and were very happy with it. I know last year we were not involved, but I think the club should reach back out this year.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I think we will head up for a day, will depend on weather and what not. We went Sunday last year and were very happy with it. I know last year we were not involved, but I think the club should reach back out this year.
Agreed it was nice to get our name out there.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Who’s going and when?

Also been out of the loop a bit, do we still help out at all?
We were going to help out last year but they wanted us to do it for free. We tried to haggle and they flat out said no. We then tried to atleast get a booth for the club w/o compensation, and that got rejected as well.

In the end, they only offered us a handful of free tickets to the show on that Sunday....so we basically just walked away from that deal.

They haven't reached out to us since so I'm assuming they've moved on.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
We were going to help out last year but they wanted us to do it for free. We tried to haggle and they flat out said no. We then tried to atleast get a booth for the club w/o compensation, and that got rejected as well.

In the end, they only offered us a handful of free tickets to the show on that Sunday....so we basically just walked away from that deal.

They haven't reached out to us since so I'm assuming they've moved on.
That’s unfortunate but I definitely understand not doing it for free

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
wtf. i just saw admission price. was it $30 last year ?

horseplay

NJRC Member
Think it was $25. With the gas prices lately and Covid bailout money is over I think you’d see a lot of unsold corals Sunday afternoon.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have gone to RAP NY in the past. But this year I don’t think I will go.
The ticket price is $30 and I have spend too much on my build right now.
I also need nothing. I am going to wait to get corals.

I am in the market for a large sump $$$. But I don’t want to spend right now.

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
Ill be there. It’s a 5 min walk from my house saves on gas. Saturday my groomsman want to come check out the world of reefing so craft beer and reefing what could be better. Friday and Sunday I’ll be volunteering with the set up and beak down of the show it should be fun can wait to see everyone :)