• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Really - part 2 : need a roofer ASAP

Well now I have a hole in my roof from a tree limb which hit that house. Water is dripping from the melting snow, so I have a humidifier pump running into a bucket with a long extension cord to power from the generator, with a tube going to the emergency drain from the ac unit in the attic.

I realize roofers are probably really busy at this time, but if anyone knows of one in the union county area, servicing Summit specifically I'd appreciated the reference and possible bump up the priority list for some frags :), can't promise much but I have a few which I will sacrifice.

I'll first need to get the tree off the house, then I'll need the roofer.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just for now can you nail a tarp over the hole?.. if it is a lot of water coming in you can put a small hole in the tarp where the water collects and just place a bucket where the water will drip

i know you are all going crazy up there. i have a friend who is working up there for storm cleanup, and he is whiped out already...

here is one thing i did once when a tree went thru a friends roof.

well after the tree is removed, i cut a piece of plywood bigger than the whole, but small enough to fit between the roof rafters. screwed it to the underside of the roof. with screws that were not long enough to go thru the existing shingles. in your case make sure you shovel the snow away from the hole, as much as possible. BE CAREFUL!!! then i filled the hole with roof cement....it worked great and held till he got a roofer.

good luck! be safe!

Thanks for the suggestion. My tree service said maybe tomorrow to remove the tree limb, and I spoke to a neighbors contractor and he said he will do the work if the tree is gone. I also receive a reference from reefernet, so I think I'm all set. I am able to catch most of the snow melt in a tub with a pump now.