• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SALTWATER HELP!

Pics of what i got so far!!

P8200316.jpg

P8200325.jpg

P8200323.jpg

P8200319.jpg

P8200315.jpg

Nice job, I read a bit on those Rio Nanno skimmers, they seem to be pretty decent for what you pay for them. If anything they are a little bit difficult to get working right. Make sure if you go over to Mike's that you ask him how the skimmer works and what it should look like. BTW you can still do the mod of the Aqua Clear if you still have it putting the macro algae in it with a light. It is not going to be so much of a filter at that point but would be adding plants to the tank using up extra nuitrients. Just a thought if you cannot do anything else with it. The more ways you keep your water clean the better.

I just got to get a testing kit, hopefully today ill accomplish that. I test the SG when i got home today and it was still at 1.022, which is what I wanted to see. I stil didnt fill the tank all the way because of the rocks like you guys said and I've had the powerhead on since last night, and the water is totally clear already.

So anyway, I didn't want anyone to think I forgot about the forum. So I just wanted to say the powerhead has been running great, my water couldn't be clearer, and Wednesday ill be going up to tropi to talk to them about the rocks there and if I can get alot of help I'll just go through them. I mean sure its a few extra miles out of the way but they seem really reliable. So I did pick up my saltwater test kit, a temp monitor, and some marine flakes so I could feed the tank while it cycles. I'll be needing some links so I could read how the tank will cycle with the rocks in there and everything. So thats all for now, Ill be back on Wednesday night to tell all!