• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

September Meeting Trades/Sales

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have a GBTA I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get out (fingers crossed) for the meeting if anyone is interested. Eric B (eqwerty) has first dibs as he was interested some time ago. It's about the size of a fist. I don't want money for it but I wouldn't turn down plating/encrusting LPS (i.e. micromusa, acans, challis, etc)

I will also have a couple frags, mostly SPS, as well. I'll post those later.

Rich, I'm interested in the one sps (if you have any frags avail) you were breaking up at your meeting.. i think it was maybe a birds nest? I really am not sure what it was called.. I think it was blue and green.. again not sure, I just remember thinking it was awesome.

I have a green bubble I want to trade out, pulsing xenia.. and if I can figure out how to frag them.. some zoas orange and green.. not sure how to frag it though.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That was his tri-color and if he can't frag you off some I have some from the same colony that I can sell you.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I haven't been too successful fragging zoo's yet. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I wish I could get in on this trade... But unfortunately all I have to trade is my good looks and personality. (both of which leave something to be desired) :p

There's always next month!! ;D ;D ;D

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
I frag all my Zoas. All I do it take a tweezers and pull of a strip of them. Then put them on a paper towel and then place the rock you are going to use on the Paper towel also to dry them off. (The Glue will not hold them they are wet)

Once they are both dry I then take super glue and put a little on the rock and then grab the zoa with the tweezers and glue them on. Its that easy. Most them attach and open up in a day or so. With in a few weeks they spread.

Oh yeah were rubber gloves I've heard these things can have some kind of poision in them.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ReefDrumz said:
I wish I could get in on this trade... But unfortunately all I have to trade is my good looks and personality. (both of which leave something to be desired) :p

There's always next month!! ;D ;D ;D

Don't worry Brian, I have that baby ric for you from that piece I accosted from you at Jeff's meeting. Consider it a tank warming gift. ;)

CRW_2943.jpg

This is them, but it might be hard for me to frag. Let me know, and ill give it a shot.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
They look interesting. I don't have that combo so see how you do with the fragging. I'll break you off a piece of the acro regardless if your successful with the zoo frag or not. LMK

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I figured it's Halloween, so I can wear a costume and look like anything I like!! :D

My personality on the other hand...

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have these
wildcaughts037.jpg

and these
wildcaughts035.jpg

that I am willing to trade if anyone has some nice colored zoas to trade.

I am also going to try to get one of these for the raffle. I just need to get up the nerve to chop one off. May just chip the rock instead of fragging them though.
wildcaughts039.jpg

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Ed, I am looking for any colorful zoos, leathers or other softies. Something other than brown or tan. ;D I have not had any luck yet with any hard corals, they last about 2-3 months and then RTN on me. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I have some hairy mushrooms, red mushrooms and kenya trees, if anyone wants to buy or trade.