• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Show us your little STONIES!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A frag I got from Merve a while ago.
.jpg

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Mike,
Tank looks good. Guess you finally figured out the ighting you've been searching for.

Mark

C

concept3

michaelm2431 said:
A frag I got from Merve a while ago.
.jpg

UMMMM why doesn't mine look like that?!?!?!?!?!?

Holy cattle and oxen! what lights are you using?

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The lights were 10K XM 250watts. Now I have 400watts(on the 125gal)10k XM and it turned that color. It was almost the same color under the 250's. Every coral I recieved from you is doing great now. I had bad ballasts for a few weeks, but everything is coloring right back up. Thanks again Merve and John for the help.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice Steve. Wish I had a nice camera with Macro. What does white balance do?

thanks.
i was playing around with the white balance & under atinics the pictures look a lot
more like what we see in our tanks but i also found out if i shoot in RAW mode
i get the same image quality with out having to play around with the white balance
i think i have just been obsessed with Raw mode since i bought my camera.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Steve. I have a softie tank with 250watt MH and VHO's. I can never get a pic that isn't blue. I have a connon point and shoot. Should I read the book and find out where the white balance is or how to use Raw mode? Thanks.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mike

I had the same problem with my old point and shoot at first. There should be a white balance setting in there somewhere. Try setting it for Fluorescent lighting.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No problem Mike... I guess my tank is ok... It just looks empty with barely any fish!

Reading the book helps :)
Raw mode is a little harder to mess with if u dont have the right software, i would try setting the white balance first, try the presets & see if they look good if not u have to set the white balance manual.

Got this from Merv as a small 3 inch frag about 18 months ago...

2006_1228Test0012.jpg

BlueMillCloseup.jpg

This is one of my fav's, it's an old pic, I should snap some new ones..

2006_1020IDTank0011.jpg

BlueCloseUp.jpg

And a new Monti Confusa I just got, Green, Purple and Pink...

2007_0224Coral_Trade0002.jpg

2007_0224Coral_Trade0001.jpg