• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Show your tank Saturday

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I think that has the potential to be a lot of light. How are the 165s holding up ? I've been keeping an eye on those for a while
The Relaasy's are fine- I actually have 3- 2 I got from @amado , the third is a 300w I got for free from Relassy before they revamped the lights- I like that there are no reds- just pinks. Irun them close to the lowest setting for whites- as you can see from my pics there's still a lot of white- no need for any filter- I run just the blues for much of the day along with the Kessel on full- I like the shimmer. The few times I di pump them up- the light was intense

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
The Relaasy's are fine- I actually have 3- 2 I got from @amado , the third is a 300w I got for free from Relassy before they revamped the lights- I like that there are no reds- just pinks. Irun them close to the lowest setting for whites- as you can see from my pics there's still a lot of white- no need for any filter- I run just the blues for much of the day along with the Kessel on full- I like the shimmer. The few times I di pump them up- the light was intense
Releasy light work great. You don’t need to buy expensive lights to be successful.
I think too many reefers focus on 1k lights. That’s going to be the death of this hobby. People should stop paying for hype. Tidal garden had a great video on light.
Than at that time ran $99 t5 fixtures from Amazon. He was growing corals with no problem. I don’t like that most LFS tell a new reefer if you want a saltwater tank you need to spend 2k on lights.

Last edited:
Releasy light work great. You don’t need to buy expensive lights to be successful.
I think too many reefers focus on 1k lights. That’s going to be the death of this hobby. People should stop paying for hype. Tidal garden had a great video on light.
Than at that time ran $99 t5 fixtures from Amazon. He was growing corals with no problem. I don’t like that most LFS tell a new reefer if you want a saltwater tank you need to spend 2k on lights.

I use these t5s on my frag tank