• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

So it begins - The greatest storm of our times?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I just got back from a visit to the Raritan River....and this is at least 24 hours before the storm hits....and about three hours before high tide. The water is at the max for our boat ramps. Another three or four inches and you can't get onto the boat ramps without getting wet feet. THIS IS GOING TO BE A FLOODER FOR ALL LOW LYING AREAS. Best of luck for everyone. Here in Sayreville we have the Raritan Bay to our East, Raritan River to our North, and the South River to our West. I'm sure at high tide I won't be able to leave the town.

How many of these once in a lifetime storms am i gonna c? I feel ripped off after going through 3 or 4 of them only for another to come

I just got back from a visit to the Raritan River....and this is at least 24 hours before the storm hits....and about three hours before high tide. The water is at the max for our boat ramps. Another three or four inches and you can't get onto the boat ramps without getting wet feet. THIS IS GOING TO BE A FLOODER FOR ALL LOW LYING AREAS. Best of luck for everyone. Here in Sayreville we have the Raritan Bay to our East, Raritan River to our North, and the South River to our West. I'm sure at high tide I won't be able to leave the town.

A friend in NC sent me a pic of their dock @ low tide and it was 3 feet lower than usual...hopefully high tide will not be 3 feet higher...but I think you're right paul about this being a doozy for the ramps/etc.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nick, I agree. The USGS has what is called the 100 year flood. Anyone want to guess how frequently we are supposed to see these? :grin::grin: In our area, it is 12 feet above mean high tide. Well we’ve seen these, I think, five times in the last twenty years….and tomorrow will be another!

Being Irish, I have prepared all necessary provisions for the next few days:

WineRack.jpg

of all the stores I hit this weekend..... Damn! I forgot the liquor store! Be safe guys. I wanna hear the success of everyone pulling through this one. You're all in our thoughts and prayers!

We drove down to the beach this morning there was flooding already three blocks in from the beach. The wind is really picking up now.

i live three houses away from the bay in highlands, just got back from fla this morning and was ordered a mandatory evacuation by 9 pm...... not going to be home to keep the tank running, ..... this sucks... 3rd time the tanks gonna crash because of a storm and nothing i can do about it.....its breaking my heart....good luck to everyone

Just in case anyone wanted to see a floating dock 6" higher than the fixed dock at lowtide.

293718_515766998436084_470608112_n.jpg

This was a picture from a family member on the lagoon down in tuckerton.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hopefully it's not as bad as it's being predicted. Be safe everyone and hopefully we'll all pull through it.

Be safe reefers. If it goes the way they are saying my taxes are gonna go up due to becoming beach front property

Twisteds 40 breeder

I got my support system primed and ready. Goza and Kewck are by backups in case of emergency. Hopefully won't need them. its FREEZING Cold! hope everyone has their UPS powersupplies charged.