• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
I have a beautiful pair of 6 Lines and I "think" they are spawning but they move so fast I can barely get a picture of one of them.

6 Line.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

FTS.jpg

I collected 40 gallons of water just now. Because I take it from the surf, it is filthy. Filled with chopped up seaweed and you can hardly see through it so I am diatom filtering it and warming it up. It is 55 degrees.
thumbnail.jpg
Ahhhhh pure ocean water way Mother Nature intended

Paul B

NJRC Member
It was cold and very windy. I had to keep moving the car forward as the tide was coming up. Do you see the thing on the piece of wood to the left of my car? That is the power supply for the pump I have in the surf pumping the water into the car.
I forgot it there and didn't notice until I got home and tried to pump the water into my Man cave.

I quickly went back and found it just before it got wet from the waves.

It was cold and very windy. I had to keep moving the car forward as the tide was coming up. Do you see the thing on the piece of wood to the left of my car? That is the power supply for the pump I have in the surf pumping the water into the car.
I forgot it there and didn't notice until I got home and tried to pump the water into my Man cave.

I quickly went back and found it just before it got wet from the waves.
Getting forgetful in old age lol hahaha

Paul B

NJRC Member
This morning I wanted to buy a new pair of sneakers so I called "New Balance" which has an outlet near here.
They make some of their shoes in America and I will only buy American shoes.

They also have a 40% off sale. So I call them to make sure they have the US shoes, They do not, and I have to go there and order them. My wife and I go there and the place is huge. I can't believe they don't have a pair of size 10 sneakers made in the US.

She looks in her catalog and shows me what they have. They have a pair of red ones and brown ones.
I am not the type of person who would wear red shoes and the only person I know of who wears red shoes is the Pope and even he doesn't like them because he is to cool for them.

Forget brown sneakers. That shouldn't even be a real color and in the rare instances where I see a brown car, I think.
Really!!!!. You had a choice of any color you wanted and you picked brown?

Anyway, as the two sales girls were searching all over the country for a shoe that wasn't a color of the rainbow I walked around and on a display rack I see a pair of grey and white, mens sneakers, size 10, made in the US.

I said, What about these. She looks up and says: Oh yeah, there are those.
Like Duh, these are what I was asking for.

Is it me? You have one job, selling shoes and you don't even know what you have on the rack that you probably just put there.
Of course the ones I got are the only shoes in the entire store that are not on sale. Of course not, why would they be?

So I wore them home and also got my wife a pair. :p

When I was a kid the only sneakers were US Keds. They were $1.75. Now they are $179.00 :rolleyes:

My first car only cost me $75.00 :oops:

Last edited:

Paul B

NJRC Member
After I went to buy some sneakers and when I came home I put something big on my workbench.
It hit my fire extinguisher which fell to my steel workbench, on the handle of course and the thing let loose. My entire room, including me was full of white powder.
I couldn't see or breathe and had to run out until it cleared. At least there was no chance of fire. :rolleyes:

I had to use my leaf blower to get all of that powder out. Now I have to buy another extinguisher. :confused:

Paul B

NJRC Member
This morning I changed more water than I ever changed in my life. I thought I collected 40 gallons from the surf yesterday but it was actually 50 gallons.
I heated it up real fast, after I diatom filtered all the chopped up seaweed in it.
My tank is 125 gallons but it has a lot of rock and probably only had 90 gallons of water in it.
The fish always enjoy this and are still smiling.
I was surprised, I tester the alk in the water and it was like 9. It's usually about 5.
The temp was 55 and the salinity was only a little low. I didn't test anything else.

This morning I wanted to buy a new pair of sneakers so I called "New Balance" which has an outlet near here.
They make some of their shoes in America and I will only buy American shoes.

They also have a 40% off sale. So I call them to make sure they have the US shoes, They do not, and I have to go there and order them. My wife and I go there and the place is huge. I can't believe they don't have a pair of size 10 sneakers made in the US.

She looks in her catalog and shows me what they have. They have a pair of red ones and brown ones.
I am not the type of person who would wear red shoes and the only person I know of who wears red shoes is the Pope and even he doesn't like them because he is to cool for them.

Forget brown sneakers. That shouldn't even be a real color and in the rare instances where I see a brown car, I think.
Really!!!!. You had a choice of any color you wanted and you picked brown?

Anyway, as the two sales girls were searching all over the country for a shoe that wasn't a color of the rainbow I walked around and on a display rack I see a pair of grey and white, mens sneakers, size 10, made in the US.

I said, What about these. She looks up and says: Oh yeah, there are those.
Like Duh, these are what I was asking for.

Is it me? You have one job, selling shoes and you don't even know what you have on the rack that you probably just put there.
Of course the ones I got are the only shoes in the entire store that are not on sale. Of course not, why would they be?

So I wore them home and also got my wife a pair. :p

When I was a kid the only sneakers were US Keds. They were $1.75. Now they are $179.00 :rolleyes:

My first car only cost me $75.00 :oops:
I didn’t know they came in orthopedic