• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Paul B

NJRC Member
So yesterday we took the Lady and her sister around because they have never been on Long Island and she wanted to see the "Famous" Hamptons.

WE took them to a winery were we are members. There was a party going on so the place was crowded.
As we walked in, most of the people recognized us from the TV appearance and all came over thanking me for my service and telling us what a nice story it is. I didn't know any of these people.

Then a few minutes later, a guy came to our table and gave me a $30.00 bottle of wine saying his Dad was a Vietnam Vet.

Then I took them to a farm stand here because she likes horseradish and they grow and produce it there.

The woman who owns it saw us get out of the car and ran out to hug me.

My wife and I went to a diner for breakfast and they have 3 TVs on constantly. The story came on a few times while we wee there so quite a few people came over to talk as they recognized me.

Long Island is about 150 miles long, there are about 7 million people and we only have one local news station so most people here see it and it loops about every 15 minutes for like 2 days.

This morning everyone I ever knew in my life is calling to ask me if I knew I was on TV. It was a lot of fun.
The reporter and camera Lady took a lot of video of my fish and steam punk stuff and all the innovations I built in my man cave. She said there is to much going on here and they may have to come back and do another story.

This is Kathleen who wrote me the Christmas card in Nam in 1970.
Me and Kathleen.jpeg

And in the winery

Us in winery.jpeg

Last edited:

Paul B

NJRC Member
I had to do something I always say not to do and it is something you would do. I ordered a small can of sinking pellets. :oops:

These 3 Waspfish are getting very picky and only want to eat at night. They think they live in an all night diner, but they don't. Many times they won't eat during the day .

At night, before the lights go out, I will "shoot" some pellets into their caves in the hope they will eat at night. I really hate dry foods but I don't think my smaller ones are getting enough food in the day and with all the crabs and bristle worms I have, I need to supplement them.

Many times I can't even find the smaller ones.

Paul B

NJRC Member
This has been a busy week and it's not over yet. Just 5 minutes ago I got a call from the "Honor Flight". That is an organisation who honors Veterans from all the wars by taking them to Washington BC once a year to honor them.

We will get a flight to DC and tour all the monuments. I assume listen to some speeches and get dinner. They will fly us back that night.

They asked me to apply last year but I didn't get picked, but I am going May 4th. I am kind of excited and Honored.

This is long so don't watch it. I didn't even watch the whole thing.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
We had a dear friend, who passed away last year who went on this also. He served in the Army Air Corp in the Pacific Theatre in WWII, He loved it.

Paul B

NJRC Member
He was a real Patriot and Hero and I respect him. My wife's Dad was wounded in the Pacific and was in the hospital in Hawaii for a year.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Early this morning, like all mornings I took my hour long walk. When I got close to my house a school bus stopped next to me. The driver, a nice Lady about 50 opened the door and came out to give me a hug. She said the (grammar) school kids on the bus told her about my interview on the news so she had to give me a hug.

You can't make this stuff up. I wonder if school bus drivers stop Brad Pitt to give him a hug. :biggrin:

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Early this morning, like all mornings I took my hour long walk. When I got close to my house a school bus stopped next to me. The driver, a nice Lady about 50 opened the door and came out to give me a hug. She said the (grammar) school kids on the bus told her about my interview on the news so she had to give me a hug.

You can't make this stuff up. I wonder if school bus drivers stop Brad Pitt to give him a hug. :biggrin:
Nah,Brad Pitt is a quarantiner.....:)

Paul B

NJRC Member
This is the receipt from the National MS Society. I always post the receipts from them when I donate to prove that 100% of my book profits go to them in my Wife's name. I don't want anyone to think I am buyingMS.jpg Copperband butterflies with it

Attachments

• MS Receipt, March 24.jpg
    MS Receipt, March 24.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Paul B

NJRC Member
I am having trouble collecting enough white worms from my 2 cultures because they froze in my garage. It gets cold here on Long Island and I forgot about them. I have been trying to get them to reproduce faster but they are not in the mood so it is slow going but I still have some.

These are a big part of my No quarantine or medicate system because they supply live gut bacteria so I may have to start a new worm culture with the limited supply of worms I still have.

These guys especially are hard to feed but will eat all the live worms I give them. They just had a large lunch of them so should be good for a few days.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I am having trouble collecting enough white worms from my 2 cultures because they froze in my garage. It gets cold here on Long Island and I forgot about them. I have been trying to get them to reproduce faster but they are not in the mood so it is slow going but I still have some.

These are a big part of my No quarantine or medicate system because they supply live gut bacteria so I may have to start a new worm culture with the limited supply of worms I still have.

These guys especially are hard to feed but will eat all the live worms I give them. They just had a large lunch of them so should be good for a few days.

Love these little guys,good luck with the worms