• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank & stand help

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey all.

So, though I hold onto my 35g cube it continues to deteriorate and I know I'm playing with fire (or at least enough spilled water to put out a fire) at this point.
It's dimensions are 20" wide x 18" deep x 20" high and it's stand is a perfect match.
Petco has a 35g Aqueon cube on sale for $115.It's dimensions are 20"x20"x20".
This will fit my stand perfectly width wise, but is, obviously, 2" deeper than the stand is.
Any experience on if this will be a structural problem if the arse end of the tank is 2" past the stand?
Would a piece of plywood cut to match the tank suffice for long term?
Advice? Warnings of 'You're all DOOMED'! Wishes of try it and good luck?

Last edited:

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Could you just go to home depot and buy a 'hobby piece' of 1/2 inch plywood, paint it the color of the stand and put it down and the tank on top?

That being said, my Fluval EVO 13.5 sits on a built in shelf that is like 2 inches in from the edge of the tank to make it look like it's 'floating'.IMG_3271.jpg

I know, i know...look at that super sweet piano bench from the depression era. ;-)

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Ha! Thanks sub. I was actually editing to question the 'cut board' as you replied.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Hey all.

So, though I hold onto my 35g cube it continues to deteriorate and I know I'm playing with fire (or at least enough spilled water to put out a fire) at this point.
It's dimensions are 20" wide x 18" deep x 20" high and it's stand is a perfect match.
Petco has a 35g Aqueon cube on sale for $115.It's dimensions are 20"x20"x20".
This will fit my stand perfectly width wise, but is, obviously, 2" deeper than the stand is.
Any experience on if this will be a structural problem if the arse end of the tank is 2" past the stand?
Would a piece of plywood cut to match the tank suffice for long term?
Advice? Warnings of 'You're all DOOMED'! Wishes of try it and good luck?
Plywood will be fine