• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thank you Tony & Terri for another awesome meeting!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just wanted to give a big thanks for hosting another fantastic meeting. We had a blast making the fish food. Even though it was smelly and a few of us got to wear some of it, it was a great experience and I'm sure our fish will appreciate the effort we all put in. Everyone got involved and made this a success. Some of us were shucking clams and oysters and cleaning the squid while others were putting the other ingredients in the blender and dumping into a big bucket. Once everything was chopped up, we put the entire bucket through one more pass of the blender and then poured it into ziploc bags, flattened them out, and put them into the freezer to harden up through the rest of the meeting.

I don't remember the entire ingredient list, but off the top of my head, we used: Clams (small and large), oysters, squid, flounder, prawns, crab legs, nori seaweed sheets, mysis shrimp, spirulina brine shrimp, and selcon. I think there was also oyster eggs, but not sure. Maybe Terri can chime in on anything I missed?

After the fish food factory was closed, we cleaned up and ate some food. As usual, the food was great and the company was even better. It's always great to talk to other fish tank geeks over a good meal and to look at some spectacular fish tank setups at a members house. Speaking of, you guys always have a different tank situation every meeting you host so there is always something new and exciting to check out. I took a couple pics for those who couldn't make the meeting...

The basement tanks:
IMG_0235.jpg IMG_0236.jpg

The living room Display Tank:
IMG_0237.jpg IMG_0238.jpg

Couple coral closeups (sorry I didn't get more but the FTS's cover most everything anyway):
IMG_0239.jpg IMG_0240.jpg

Would also like to thank M&M Corals for the raffle frags they provided. Tony also donated a few of his own, so that made it even better! I walked away winning 4 frags and the $25 Gift Cert from M&M so I was pretty happy. Dance

Oh, and thank you to Tony and Daniel for the corals. Tony gave me a nice Pink/gold paly colony on a rock and Dan gave me a big chunk of purple digi and a nice piece of JF Alien Eye Chalice. Very much appreciated guys!

All in all, it was a really fun time. It was great catching up with Olivier too. He's been away for a while and seeing him again brought back some great memories. He also brought a whole box of equipment and misc. items to give away to whoever wanted them. Some interesting home-made gadgets and misc. parts and stuff. That was a really great gesture and a few people brought home some useful items I'm sure.

Club meetings don't get much better than that!

falconut

NJRC Member
Thanks Tony & Terri, great time as always. It was interesting to see that your home made food had better ingredients than I eat, ha ha. All the tanks look great.

Sounds like it was a fun time! Mad that I missed it however. I had to work late bc we had an employee decide to cut loose early :/

Thanks Anthony & Terri it was a great meeting . I enjoyed talking with everyone. The food was delicious as were the cupcake fish. Making the fish food was actually stinking fun. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b6b33c54b45f5f7e77b6701816b24223.jpg

Just a idea if anyone wants to do this with their fish food from the meeting. This is what I did with my food.
I took a 1gal ziplock bag and a of piece of egg crate that fit inside the 1 gal bag. Then I put the homemade fish food in the bag and spread it across all the little squares. Now I will have individual squares for feeding.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thank you Terri and Tony. Great meeting as always. It is nice to see some faces that I have not seen for some time Jose and Olivier . I hope we will see you again.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
b6b33c54b45f5f7e77b6701816b24223.jpg

Just a idea if anyone wants to do this with their fish food from the meeting. This is what I did with my food.
I took a 1gal ziplock bag and a of piece of egg crate that fit inside the 1 gal bag. Then I put the homemade fish food in the bag and spread it across all the little squares. Now I will have individual squares for feeding.

Just Awesome idea Jose

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry I missed this one. I was on my roof trying to track down a leak. Thank you Terri and Anthony for hosting.

Bob