• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Total lost for me and i am out.

howze01

NJRC Member
Oh Big O!!!! Why oh, why didn't you ask CJ or I to keep an eye on your tank??!!! We would have been glad to. You know whenever you need a hand we will both be there. Start with a FOWLR and it won't be long before there are corals in there! Give me a call or text when you are ready to move and clean.

danthemanj

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Hey Olivier,

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Let me know when you need help and I will make myself available.

Thanks,

Dan

Hey Olivier - So sorry to hear about your losses through this. You did a phenomenal job with your system. I will pm you my numbers when the time comes when you need help. I work ten minutes away and am in Boonton on weekends. On weekends I may need to clear it with the Mrs. for childcare coverage

I will never forget your generosity when you responded to help with my cracked sump
Bob

thank you veryone that reach out and offer help.
I talked to my wife last night with extreme caution. She is very supportive from day one btw, however, she told me to go small and slowly setup the 180 gallon again. GOOD NEWS
so this is my plan
take the tank and the stand out of house do a good clean up that is going to be happen from now till the end of next week. ( I currently get all live rock dead rock out of the house, drain the tank down but have not take out the sand).
sometime during week day next week, I will cook the rock. borrow metal drum from JEFF - wharton man
next weekend, move the tank outside and stand outside for a good cleanup and fix the stand. clean the tank first and put it in the house temporary location. i m thinking of my garage however it is packed
following weekend move the stand back in the start replumb
setup the tank
setup the rock
recycle the tank
restart
THEN DIE :)

howze01

NJRC Member
You kidding George? Have you seen Olivier? Pretty sure he could pop that baby on his back and carry it himself!:p

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You kidding George? Have you seen Olivier? Pretty sure he could pop that baby on his back and carry it himself!:p

MikeM is about Olivier size and I've seen him move a 220 on his back.:eek: Olivier don't try it.

Bob

How about a club meeting -- work party. We'll help Olivier to reset his tank and everyone will bring something (food, fish, coral)?
Kinda like in those programs where they build a house in one day.

Olivier!
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Leaving your tank is always hard leaving it alone right after Sandy is imppossible! Glad to hear you will stick with it!!!

Bax, i willhave to go slow this time in set up. I mean snail pace. Mean time, i set up a 24 gallons tank home brew for my clown fishes.

Shluzer, i could not accept your offer because my signed agreement with my wife that i need to set up slow and fool, idiot,leak, flood, cursing, noise etc. proof.

malulu

NJRC Member
Hi oliver
depending on the timing, I may be able to help too 50/50...

note:
I am still out of power as of now since day 1 of sandy...
i have generator... On and off running about 15 hours per day...
So far only one coral gone... The rest seems survivng...

Last edited:

malulu

NJRC Member
Oliver,

i just got my power back...
which mean i dont need to baby sit the generator anymore...

so i am pretty much free on all weekend and evening time - please let me know when you need help to move/clean.

I had my main tank clean up (drain water, take out sand) it pretty much empty and disconnect all plumbing. I am thinking of take the tank and my stand outside the house on this thursday afternoon. around 5-6pm or earlier (depend on helpers consensous on time). Pizza and/or subway with beer and softdrink is on me.

any helpers? I need like 4 persons to move the 180 gallon tank. I have one pair of glass pump carrier. anyone has another pair or two to rent it out ?
Olivier

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Olivier, Thursday will work great for me. I actually have a soccer game up in Far Hills at 2:00PM…….should be finishing up around 4:00 – 4:30, so on the drive home I could easily stop in.

I’ve never seen your tank. What kind of a move are we looking at…..stairs, tight corners, etc? If it’s a straight shot to carry out the tank, I’m not sure why we would need the glass suction-cup holders. Two guys on either end, and up and out it goes.....and if MikeM is there, he'd be under the tank.

I’ve been to your house before, but didn’t save the address….so I’d appreciate if you can PM your address.

I do have one moving dolly that I’ll throw into the car.

Paul,
it is a straight forward move. it is in my slap no stair. walk out thru my front door then to the back of the house.