• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tuesday is Veteran's Day

Paul B

NJRC Member
Remember the Veterans this Tuesday as they fought for us and made the US the best country on Earth. If you have an American Flag (it would be nice if all American's did) Tuesday would be a nice day to display it. Without Veterans, we would not have this hobby Dance

Paul B

NJRC Member
I won't ask where is better but I have been all over the world and have not found a better place. America is it for me. :encouragement:

I agree Paul, there isn't anywhere better. I signed my last reenlistment contract the other day that'll bring me to 20 years served in the US Coast Guard. Thanks for making this post

Paul B

NJRC Member
Joe, I post this thread every year on 5 or 6 forums. Unfortunately, it only gets 3 or 4 comments. Thank you for your service. I am no longer in the military but I have a Coast Guard Captain's License which actually doesn't mean anything. :subdued:

Congrats on making it this far jsantoli, I have already signed my last contract years ago, I have 18+ years myself with mutiple tours overseas, in fact my 1st tank was a gift to myself for coming home safe last time....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Having a World War II Marine father, here's another little tidbit.....tomorrow (Monday, 11/10) is the Marine anniversary. So oorah to the Marines and to all other veterans.

Last edited:
Thank you to all who have served this country. My father did 28.5 years and 4 tours in nam, sister was in marines. I tried marines and army but couldn't enter due to hearing issues (holes in eardrums, can't go under water w/o earplugs. Sucks I really wanted to follow in my fathers footsteps.

Also if you don't have a flag to fly, shame on you, go get one and pay your respects to our vets and our country.

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
It goes without saying that we owe a debt of gratitude to all those who have sacrificed so that we can live in such a glorious nation free from tyranny. This day is in recognition of all they have done selflessly. They are truly special.

I offer a big heartfelt thank you for your service!

horseplay

NJRC Member
Big thank you for the veterans, putting their lives on the line for the rest of us.

As an immigrant who has been to a lot of countries there is no other country like America. If I have to choose again I will proudly choose this country again without a second thought.