• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Unplugged

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Got home last night for my weekend visit at about 2:30 am to find the lights still on in the tank. Turns out, Dana had a Dell service person here Thursday who unplugged the cord which controls the ACIII, calcium reactor, etc. (plug hasn't been pulled for 4 years) Even after much encouragement, my wife and teenage son are still oblivious to what's going on with the tank. Needless to say, my remaining corals took a hit.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
that gives a whole new meaning to "dude your're getting a Dell"...hope things pull through, just trying to up your spirits a bit!

Good Luck!

Rod

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yikes. Sorry to hear that. I hope everything recovers ok for you. I'm surprised you had power and that everything wasn't off... Weird.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No chance for recovery for most....just hoping what's left can hang on for a week or so.

Everything isn't on the same plug. The DC8 still had power even though the ACIII didn't. As soon as Billy's tank cycles he's getting whatever is left and worth saving. Then I need to decide whether to leave it as a FOWLR (and some zoos/mushrooms) or take it down. I'm leaning towards taking it down. I'd want to ditch the MH but I'm not real interested in buying a T5 setup (or investing anymore $ for that matter until I'm in a position to do it properly). Being home only 1 or 2 days a week definitely doesn't bode well for this hobby.

That reminds me of the DirecTV guy who drilled a hole in my wall and took out my whole upstairs power! Where do they find these idiots? p.s. I have Fios now

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Rich,
That sucks but don't leave. I think going FOWLR is a good idea right now. The fish don't need as much care as the corals. I am considering the same thing and plan to add more shrooms whether I upgrade or not.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I need what's left of these corals OUT!!!! If Billy is unable to get them this weekend I'll need someone else to take them. There's really not much left. Only experienced reefers will be considered. The only thing I ask in return is a few frags if I'm ever able to get back into the hobby again.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Rich really sorry to hear this! I would be flipping out if that happened to me.. I would even go as far as calling Dell corporate headquarters up and ask to be compensated.. They have insurance for this kinda thing

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So sorry to hear that it has gotten to this, Rich. What's left? Let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good seeing you Matt. Good luck with the stuff and thanks for your help.

My pleasure Rich. I hope I can save at least some of it.

Now if I could just keep my clown from moving everything I put in the tank... Grr... She's such a B***H....