• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

walmart makes me sick. why do they sell fish

i went to walmart on 130 in hightstown, and i needed some freshwater fish food so i figured i would pick some up. i looked in there tanks and saw they had green spotted pufferfish. The fish tank was filled with dead pufferfish, they had about 10 dead and maybe 2 alive. there were dead ones floating and some dead on the bottom. the tank was completely filthy (no wonder they were all dead). most of the tanks, except the goldfish tanks were disgusting.

this made me so angry i am actually going to call walmart corporate tonight and tell them about it

i spoke to corporate customer service, they said it is terrible and they would call the store and let them know about it and someone would call me back in a few days. my guess is they will just scoop out the dead ones and call it a day

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
youpey said:
my guess is they will just scoop out the dead ones and call it a day
Unfortunately that is what will happen, but Some of us appreciate your concern and effort. It is a shame more people don't speak up. Good job!

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I do not like Walmart. I do not like to got to Walmart I try to avoid it at all cost!

malulu

NJRC Member
may be you should take a picture, then post it on the web.
BUT not telling anyone where is this pet store, and instead tell the walmart cust setvices to see the pics themselves, and tell them next time the walmart name will be imprinted along with the pics if the situation did not improved.
::)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Take pictures and submit them to the consumerist, very heavily read blog about bad thins companies do. Might get more traction on there.

howze01

NJRC Member
The problem with the fish section of Walmart is that it is a total afterthought. I have never heard ANYONE say "I need some new fish, let's go to Walmart!" No one in the store could care less about them. I really can't imagine that they make enough off of that section to justify keeping it.

Walmart shouldn't be allowed to sell ANYTHING living. I checked out their garden center not too long ago and many plants were dead from not being watered. I guess they were too busy in the pet section removing the dead fish from the tanks .

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I hate to say it, but Greg actually got me to chuckle a little after reading through this sad post.

I think David's suggestion was great and maybe threatening some bad publicity will force them to correct this problem ASAP.

howze01

NJRC Member
GregW said:
Walmart shouldn't be allowed to sell ANYTHING living. I checked out their garden center not too long ago and many plants were dead from not being watered. I guess they were too busy in the pet section removing the dead fish from the tanks .
Maybe they use the dead fish for fertilizer?