• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Want to make your tank Reef-Ready for FREE? (Bloomfield, NJ)

Well I just cracked my 36g Reef Ready tank. I have no use for it any more. So, I figured it would be helpful for someone looking to reef-ready their tank. I know I spent around 60 bucks in just the bulkheads when I drilled it myself so it could save you some $$

It has all the parts neccessary to make your tank reef ready. Included in it is

1 Plastic Overflow Surface skimmer (siliconed to the tank)
1 DIY durso standpipe
1 drain bulkhead
4 Return bulkheads (2 are capped, but can be removed and used)

The only additional cost I can see is a glass drill bit, which can be purchased somewhere online for rather cheap.

Tank is located in Bloomfield, NJ.

973-978-2230.

-Dan.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm not interested in this personally since I'm not in need of it... but the subject sounded interesting so I stopped in to take a peek. ;D

Also thought I might take the liberty to ask Dan what the size of the overflow box is. Might be an important piece of info for anyone that might be considering this.

Might also be helpful to state the length of the durso standpipe. Depending on where the purchaser drills their hole, they might need to modify yours or make a new one.

Speaking of holes, I've been pretty successful in drilling some with a dremel tool. You can buy a Dremel diamond bit set at Sears or K-mart for around $6 ( Dremel Part No. 7150) It takes longer to make a hole than a regular drill and a core bit, but it's a cheap option if you already have a Dremel. Just use the rubber gasket of the bulkhead and trace your hole mark on the glass with a sharpie, then keep a hose running and slowly carve the hole out. Start using the ball point tip until you trace the hole and get a nice groove all the way around, then switch to the pointy bit to penetrate all the way through and then use the side diamonds to work your way around the outside, following your groove.

Anyway, sorry to hi-jack the sale thread, but hope that helps.