• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hi everyone my name is Rose, I’m 41 & located in Old Bridge Nj ..me & my husband James (rrspike) just recently put a 90 gallon tank in our house,I never really knew all that is involved in salt water tanks it’s way more than I would have ever thought.. but the process of learning is very interesting & I have become really in love with the hobby, it’s so interesting learning & seeing how coral & fish grow.. I find myself looking @ the tank all the time .. kinda obsessed lol

hey folks. I'm Mickey or Mike. I was at the event today, thanks for inviting me mike! it was really great! sorry I had to leave early. my babysitter was leaving and I had a $10 coupon at Petco I had to use. LOL

I kept discus and piranha about 25 years ago. I have been on a hiatus until about a year and and half ago when I decided to try out saltwater. back then all the lfs guys told me salt was extremely difficult etc etc. and I guess it still is!

I live in Lacey and my main tank is a 75 gallon fish only with 60g sump. i recently bought three new tangs to throw in there but one didn't make it and now one of my older tangs isn't looking so hot. I know I should have done qt etc but I trusted the seller and sometimes it happens. so I bought 11 tanks to break down the main tank into and run copper but I'm also using some reef safe snake oil and wondering if maybe my sailfin tang grew too big for this tank and is just causing stress. anyway I'll figure it out in the next few days. I have a single leather in this tank because water quality isn't great but I've recent added a block of Marine pure and a couple brightwell no3 blocks so hopefully I can get some corals in there soon.

my second tank is a 56 tall with 4 damsels and a lot of rock. my third tank is a 15g nano with a pair of true percula clowns and a few acro I put in there.

anyway great meeting everyone today. I was the new guy if you were there and wondering who I am btw.

yeah this guy from ACC is great, I was actually there like a day or two ago talking to him

IMG-20200229-WA0003.jpeg

hey folks. I'm Mickey or Mike. I was at the event today, thanks for inviting me mike! it was really great! sorry I had to leave early. my babysitter was leaving and I had a $10 coupon at Petco I had to use. LOL

I kept discus and piranha about 25 years ago. I have been on a hiatus until about a year and and half ago when I decided to try out saltwater. back then all the lfs guys told me salt was extremely difficult etc etc. and I guess it still is!

I live in Lacey and my main tank is a 75 gallon fish only with 60g sump. i recently bought three new tangs to throw in there but one didn't make it and now one of my older tangs isn't looking so hot. I know I should have done qt etc but I trusted the seller and sometimes it happens. so I bought 11 tanks to break down the main tank into and run copper but I'm also using some reef safe snake oil and wondering if maybe my sailfin tang grew too big for this tank and is just causing stress. anyway I'll figure it out in the next few days. I have a single leather in this tank because water quality isn't great but I've recent added a block of Marine pure and a couple brightwell no3 blocks so hopefully I can get some corals in there soon.

my second tank is a 56 tall with 4 damsels and a lot of rock. my third tank is a 15g nano with a pair of true percula clowns and a few acro I put in there.

anyway great meeting everyone today. I was the new guy if you were there and wondering who I am btw.

yeah this guy from ACC is great, I was actually there like a day or two ago talking to him

View attachment 27702
Welcome to the club bud, thanks for coming by. you found me on r2r at the perfect time, if you ever need anything let me know.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Hi! I'm not to far from you. Live near Hwy 34/Homdel Park area

Hello Diana. You weren't there so instead they invited Christie Brinkley, who they let me take home. Right now she is in my living room but looks a little stiff and bored. :rolleyes:
I think she will get used to it.

You missed a lot of clams and scallops and Mike had to put those ropes around his house like they use outside Madison Garden when Lady GaGa is there to demonstrate how to frag corals while wearing a pork chop dress.

I signed some books and there were so many people there with books that they had to send someone to Staples to buy more pens. OK, I think that was all in my head but I had a great time anyway, but didn't win anything. I didn't know that you had to buy a ticket for that to happen. :confused2:

But we missed you there. :cool:

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Saw Christie leave meet with you on sat .You spend a lot of time with her . Does she go out on your boat. Ps started to read your book ,I like it.....

Paul B

NJRC Member
She hasn't yet, the boat is still in the parking lot and if I start it there, it makes a lot of noise especially when the propellers dig up the concrete. :oo: