• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

were to buy online fish cheap

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
were to buy online fish cheap looking for baby blue tangs ...Tang police:grin::excitement:

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Moved this thread here so people could respond. Depending on where you are located, your local LFS is probably the best choice because you don't have to pay for shipping. Where are you located?

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
im in moorestown been to hiddennreef in bristol aqarium centerin clemington, sharkeys in point pleasant

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
live aquaria works good shipping a bit mutch if you dont have 224.00 in orders.

I usually ask around for local reefers who may also want something, generally not too hard to get to the minimum order.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
If you are going to come up to Sharkey's you should go to Tropiquarium and Reef 2 Reptiles (Ultimate reefs now) as they are about 25 mins from Sharkey and have much much larger salt water selection.

Are you looking for multiple blue tang's? Keep in mind that these fish get up to 12", and will require a fairly large tank just for one. What is your time table for this?

If you are going to come up to Sharkey's you should go to Tropiquarium and Reef 2 Reptiles (Ultimate reefs now) as they are about 25 mins from Sharkey and have much much larger salt water selection.

I was just at Reef 2 Reefs / UR's on Friday and he had 3 tiny blue tangs. I considered buying one, but they looked very skinny and beat up - they just came in that day. So, I wanted to wait a bit to see if they lived the shipping stress.

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
what i wanted to do is grow some baby tangs up to a decent size and sell them ? Maybe keep one.

Just thinking that maybe you haven't done enough homework to suggest that raising baby hippo tangs to a "decent size* to sell is a viable business proposition. Margins in this business are slim and if there was a way to do that- ORA and all the other big players would have long done this.