• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What is your morning routine?

Let use know your (aquatic) morning routine.

For instance I feed, clean my skimmer cup & replace the filter pad.

If I'm running late no frozen foods.

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
First thing I do every morning is check on my QT room, feed, if fish are looking rough give dips/baths, etc.

Then I take a shower and head into my conditioning room. Feed, tank maintenance, bag up fish, etc.

After I get home from Fedex, I go back into the QT room for more husbandry.

This goes on 7 days a week from the time I get up until I go to bed at midnight - 1AM. I cannot wait for Thanksgiving so I can take a break from all of this. :disillusionment:

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
When I had my tank up and running I didn't do much in the morning beside check to make sure there no issues (like over flowing skimmer, leak, ATO working, water for top off, etc..) After work is when I would do more on my tank.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Nothing, I literally ignore my tank in the morning. My lights are on in the evening so theres nothing to see (for me) in the morning.
same here !! my morning includes, wake up, walk dog, eat breakfast, then get ready for work. hahahhaha

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Nothing, I literally ignore my tank in the morning. My lights are on in the evening so theres nothing to see (for me) in the morning.

Agree, lights come on starting at 9 and all up by 11am. Just feed them about 4/5pm. Every few days check floss and skimmer cup.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
First thing I do every morning is check on my QT room, feed, if fish are looking rough give dips/baths, etc.

Then I take a shower and head into my conditioning room. Feed, tank maintenance, bag up fish, etc.

After I get home from Fedex, I go back into the QT room for more husbandry.

This goes on 7 days a week from the time I get up until I go to bed at midnight - 1AM. I cannot wait for Thanksgiving so I can take a break from all of this. :disillusionment:
How many fish are you pushing a day ? I'd love a video your of all your operations

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
My morning routine is as some have said check cup and ATO.. I'll do this every couple days especially if I did maintenance the night before. Otherwise my lights are on at 9:30 so I'll feed when I'm home

Quick peak for normal appearance, sounds. Check Apex parameters appear normal. I top off , feed, and inspect/correct at night after work.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
turn on the lights, and do a test on water each day in the (3) 20g holding tanks

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Amazing ! And you say can't wait for thanksgiving ? Whys that? All tanks will be empty for a bit ?

We're moving after the holidays. I may reboot the business after we get settled, BUT I first want to test out something I've been working on which may eliminate the need for QT. I hate QT as much as everyone else. :p

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
What's this process ?!

It's a bath treatment, but I really don't want to go into details until I know for sure what it does/does not do. I'm also experimenting with a bath that combines 3 different chemicals. But I need time to experiment with sick fish, document my findings, and be sure the results are repeatable. I don't want people going all half-cocked with this and then saying it doesn't work.

There are also others involved (this is not just my thing), so I must respect their wishes if we figure out this works.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
It's a bath treatment, but I really don't want to go into details until I know for sure what it does/does not do. I'm also experimenting with a bath that combines 3 different chemicals. But I need time to experiment with sick fish, document my findings, and be sure the results are repeatable. I don't want people going all half-cocked with this and then saying it doesn't work.
Completely understood ! Looking forward to it. Do you have a DT? Or just QT?

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Completely understood ! Looking forward to it. Do you have a DT? Or just QT?

No DT - no time for one currently. :oo: But you have no idea how much I am looking forward to the day when all I have is a DT, and can just kick back & enjoy this hobby again.

I currently manage 10 QTs, 14 conditioning systems, and a frag tank in my wife's office (which looks horrible because I neglect it).

Morning routine for me is fairly simple. Check all tanks for top off, look and listen for anything out of the ordinary. Check the simple stuff like ph and temp readings and of course skimmer. Every third day I Broadcast feed the coral. I don’t feed the fish in the am because they are sleeping when I get up.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Morning routine for me is fairly simple. Check all tanks for top off, look and listen for anything out of the ordinary. Check the simple stuff like ph and temp readings and of course skimmer. Every third day I Broadcast feed the coral. I don’t feed the fish in the am because they are sleeping when I get up.
What do you broadcast feed your corals?