• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Whats going on with my frogspawn

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I have occasional interaction of a small torch with a single head of branching hammer without issue. It seems to be a tie. They stick to each other for a bit then release, no harm. Same torch and a octospawn (the same one from the Jan photo of the month), neither blinks an eye or even holds on to each other.

I have a much larger torch that I'm pretty sure will kill anything. It put a large dead spot on a wall hammer I have. It was a fluke that they touched due to a flow change I made in error, but that hammer is scheduled to move once I decide where it's going.

Idk i moved it around a bit, stilllooking weird it seems like my hammer is getting it too..im afraid to dip, idk why....i want to. I dont think i have flatworms, but def not brown jelly...some pics i saw said their splitting...heres some new pics...i didnt add calcium or alk yet waiting for the mag to get here. I never had trouble with my spawn before20180317_110737.jpg 20180317_110719.jpg

Idk i moved it around a bit, stilllooking weird it seems like my hammer is getting it too..im afraid to dip, idk why....i want to. I dont think i have flatworms, but def not brown jelly...some pics i saw said their splitting...heres some new pics...i didnt add calcium or alk yet waiting for the mag to get here. I never had trouble with my spawn beforeView attachment 18913 View attachment 18914
First things that come to mind are nutrient swings, RODI water quality, and flow changes from dirty power heads.

If your levels have been where they are (Mg/Ca/Alk) and you’re just moving them up now that’s not the issue.

After this....new additions that could’ve harbored something parasitic/infectious. Flatworms wont bother these. If they get bad or continue to decline antibiotic dips can rule out infection.

First things that come to mind are nutrient swings, RODI water quality, and flow changes from dirty power heads.

If your levels have been where they are (Mg/Ca/Alk) and you’re just moving them up now that’s not the issue.

After this....new additions that could’ve harbored something parasitic/infectious. Flatworms wont bother these. If they get bad or continue to decline antibiotic dips can rule out infection.
How bout fresh water dip? Heard that could work, but bad for the corals

How bout fresh water dip? Heard that could work, but bad for the corals
I would start less dangerous and escalate. I don’t think you have an emergency right now. Is it’s just not “pretty”.

Edit: freshwater dips will kill corals very quick. Soft/zoas different story, but LPS/SPS etc really shouldnt get a freshwater dip unless it’s your last option to save the coral.

I get myro water from my lfs...been using his water from day one...the only thing that i didnt do was i didnt do my water change like i did..
My magnesium came today, so im going to test again, and see if i gotta add anything

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Calcium is 305.
I don't have a paper for Salifert Alk, but if you can post the paper, we can show you what your reading is.