• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Whats going on with my frogspawn

Do you regularly dose?

Definitely need to get the mag up. I would say the alk is high, significantly in my opinion.

This might be why your alk is so high.

Calcium is quite low also. I wouldn’t recommend being below 375 as a panic level.

Do you regularly dose?

Definitely need to get the mag up. I would say the alk is high, significantly in my opinion.

This might be why your alk is so high.

Calcium is quite low also. I wouldn’t recommend being below 375 as a panic level.
So should i just dose mag?....i have the 32 biocube....im sry for all the questions...

Don’t apologize! We all go through this.

You should dose both Mag and calcium. I would dose half the max recommended dose of each per day and test every three days. If after the first test it isn’t trending up dose the recommended max dose every day and test again in three days. If you’re still not keeping up and trending up then you have a significant demand and you should invest in a dosing pump.

We keep Mag at 1400 but it’s usually 1450, calcium 425-450, and alk 8-9 (sometimes it gets to 9.5).

Don’t apologize! We all go through this.

You should dose both Mag and calcium. I would dose half the max recommended dose of each per day and test every three days. If after the first test it isn’t trending up dose the recommended max dose every day and test again in three days. If you’re still not keeping up and trending up then you have a significant demand and you should invest in a dosing pump.

We keep Mag at 1400 but it’s usually 1450, calcium 425-450, and alk 8-9 (sometimes it gets to 9.5).
Both at the same time? Or mag then wait 1/2 hour...i thought you shouldnt do both at same time.
I looked at the dosing...boy i feel dumb but i dont want to screw up...which one, how much?

Both at the same time? Or mag then wait 1/2 hour...i thought you shouldnt do both at same time.
I looked at the dosing...boy i feel dumb but i dont want to screw up...which one, how much?
I do both calcium and mag at the same time. They say you shouldn’t but honestly I can’t find a reason why not. Alk should absolutely be at least a half hour after those but you don’t need to dose those.

What brand supplements are you using to dose?

Start with those amounts I suggested and we’ll go from there. We can chat sometime about how to approach these situations on the phone. Probably easier than on here.
Sounds great! I would really love to know how to make everything work right. Its hard cause its my mother in law house and she always ask how much electric is running, so im trying to do everything w/o anymore electricity, i have no refugium, no skimmer, no sump. But i do want to try a refugium in the back where the media is...it seems everytime i feed i get a outburst of algae...but i was told i dont feed enough...its driving me batty

Sounds great! I would really love to know how to make everything work right. Its hard cause its my mother in law house and she always ask how much electric is running, so im trying to do everything w/o anymore electricity, i have no refugium, no skimmer, no sump. But i do want to try a refugium in the back where the media is...it seems everytime i feed i get a outburst of algae...but i was told i dont feed enough...its driving me batty
Yeah understand. Happy to discuss sometime. Maybe tomorrow night if you’re around. At my FT job right now and it’s a little busy but off tomorrow night and happy to chat.

I wouldn’t yet. When they’re stressed dips are dangerous. I am thinking it’s wayer chemistry related.

You should also test for nutrient levels. Have you done anything to battle algae lately?
Yes, scrubbed, pulled hair algae out, vaccuumed, today no lights and covered with a blanket...water changes, top offs...

Yes, scrubbed, pulled hair algae out, vaccuumed, today no lights and covered with a blanket...water changes, top offs...
That could be some of your issue. If you drop nutrients fast that’ll make Corals rather unhappy. Slow is always better. Sometimes we have to suffer visually for this reason.

Depends on what you want. You can find them for reasonable prices. Used reliable ones you can get for probably 100-200 dollars.

That could be some of your issue. If you drop nutrients fast that’ll make Corals rather unhappy. Slow is always better. Sometimes we have to suffer visually for this reason.

Depends on what you want. You can find them for reasonable prices. Used reliable ones you can get for probably 100-200 dollars.
Thank you, ill leave you alone now...lol, ill test again in the morning, and dose again.have a good night

Thank you, ill leave you alone now...lol, ill test again in the morning, and dose again.have a good night
you’re not bothering me at all!! I just don’t want to commit to a phone call and have to cut it short if I have to go. Try to keep dosing on a 24 hour schedule if you can or as close to it as possible.