• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

240 gallon tank start up (picture intensive)

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Well here are the pictures of my tank move. I think we picked the most humid day in the year to do this. :eek:

Picking up from Sam's house. Sam had made these really neat pallets on wheels for when he moved the tank to his house. They totally make the job look easy to do. ;D

239_01_07_08_9_44_41.jpg

You will see many pictures like this, the guys would stand around the tank discussing for what seemed like forever ::) and then would move it to the next step in 1 minute.
239_01_07_08_9_49_14.jpg

239_01_07_08_9_53_00.jpg

239_01_07_08_9_54_16.jpg

Maneuvering it to place in the trailer.
239_01_07_08_9_55_43.jpg

The main tank is in the trailer!! ;D
239_01_07_08_10_03_37.jpg

Now for the stand.
239_01_07_08_9_57_23.jpg

239_01_07_08_10_06_52.jpg

Getting the 135 gal sump out of the pantry. Sam, not sure how you got it in there on your own. ;)
239_01_07_08_10_07_47.jpg

239_01_07_08_10_12_50.jpg

Stand for the skimmer.
239_01_07_08_10_32_18.jpg

The skimmer that looks like it could take off at any moment. ;D
239_01_07_08_11_06_51.jpg

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Now to move it into our house.
239_01_07_08_10_15_01.jpg

Cleaning the tank before bringing it in. ;D
239_01_07_08_10_34_46.jpg

Thanks David. We all went in to eat and David stayed out for awhile and scraped and cleaned. ;)
239_01_07_08_10_37_41.jpg

239_01_07_08_10_39_18.jpg

239_01_07_08_10_40_33.jpg

239_01_07_08_10_41_38.jpg

239_01_07_08_10_49_30.jpg

239_01_07_08_10_50_42.jpg

Thanks guys for making this happen. Now to find the time to put it all together. ;D
239_01_07_08_10_52_04.jpg

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Can't forget Sunny. She took over the camera for awhile and it was very interesting to look at the move through the eyes of a 3 year old. I probably have over 50 pictures of feet. ;D

239_01_07_08_11_46_46.jpg

239_01_07_08_11_42_13.jpg

239_01_07_08_11_44_37.jpg

239_01_07_08_11_48_35.jpg

239_01_07_08_12_08_01.jpg

239_01_07_08_12_09_21.jpg

239_01_07_08_12_10_13.jpg

Bob finally made sure he was in the way of the lens. Not too bad for a three year old.

239_01_07_08_12_12_31.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Great pictures, Erna AND Sunny! Too funny. Do you have one of the tank in its new home WITHOUT a crowd of people standing in front of it?!

Wow, it took me a few days to get that tank cleaned before. Great job! I thought you were going to have it down on the ground for a week or so. How did the lift go? That part is never easy.

wow-david - it looked like you really cleaned that up! Did erna save you a whole pie of pizza? lol!

great pics by sunny too!

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
jazzsam said:
Wow, it took me a few days to get that tank cleaned before. Great job! I thought you were going to have it down on the ground for a week or so. How did the lift go? That part is never easy.
Sam

I wasn't too bad. We just took our time, the dollies were a big help. You know that NJRC can do attitude! ;D

Bob

momof6kids

NJRC Member
magic said:
jazzsam said:
Sam

I wasn't too bad. We just took our time, the dollies were a big help. You know that NJRC can do attitude! ;D

Bob

Sam, David and Dan decided we were not going to move a dirty tank into the house, so we got out the razor blades and went to work. Finally, we went in to eat and David finished it up. And we did save him pizza. ;D And BTW, who are all the beer drinkers in NJRC, we bought a case+ of beer and not one was drunk. ::) Oh well, we are stocked for our next picnic. ;)

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Well, this is the week that everything comes together. Doug and I went to Home Depot last night and bought the electrical supplies. Today we are putting in two dedidated 20 amp lines. One upstairs for the tank and one in the basement for the sump.

Friday and Saturday, Terri and Anthony (adesimone1) are coming with Joe and we are going to plumb the tank.

Wish us luck, ;D
Erna

malulu

NJRC Member
first time i see this thread??
::)

thanks for all the kind words... and Yes, Sunny's pics and your comments are too funny!!!
;) ;D

sorry can't help you for this long weekend, going out of town...

am sure all would be great!!

momof6kids

NJRC Member
malulu said:
first time i see this thread??
::)

thanks for all the kind words... and Yes, Sunny's pics and your comments are too funny!!!
;) ;D

sorry can't help you for this long weekend, going out of town...

am sure all would be great!!

David, how did you miss it? ;D Have a great weekend in Tennessee!! Enjoy yourself!

blange3 said:
Luck! ;)

Looks like you may win the race. ;D

Bill, gotta be up and running and ready for AO's anniversary!! I am so glad it coinsides with my birthday and anniversary. ;D

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Ok, Terri and Anthony (adesimone1) and Joe (theguyfromnj) came over today and we went over everything. Decided what was and was not going to work. Made our list, checking it twice. ;D

Then made our run to Agway for a 100 gal. Rubbermaid stock tank, and over to Lowes to buy all the plumbing. Went home and while dinner was being made, Anthony, Joe, and Doug did a dry run of most of the plumbing. Tomorrow morning the really exciting part happens, it all comes together.

Think I'll be able to sleep tonight. ;)

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
The plan is to move the 150 gal into the 240. I figure it will be like doing a major water change.

Then the 90 will move into the 150 and I will get rid of the 90. So hopefully if all goes as planned everything will be up and running by tonight. :eek:

It was really nice meeting Erna and her family yesterday they made us a great dinner last night. They made us feel very welcome. Today should be very exciting getting the tank set up and running. We are also looking forward to seeing the LFS in the area. ;D

momof6kids said:
The plan is to move the 150 gal into the 240. I figure it will be like doing a major water change.

Then the 90 will move into the 150 and I will get rid of the 90. So hopefully if all goes as planned everything will be up and running by tonight. :eek:

WOW, you have a busy day ahead of you.....Will you be acclimating the corals to the new 240 water? Good Luck

I know Anthony must of done a great job on the plumbing. Can't wait for the pics.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
We had everything plumbed around 4, and it all looked good. We took a break and ran out to Ocean Gallery and Red Sand. Then we came home and turned the pump on. And the nightmare began. There were pin holes in some of the pvc we had just bought the day before at Lowes. I have never seen anything like it before!!! And then when we (meaning Joe and Anthony) hacksawed out the pieces and put in couplers there were new leaks caused by the stress of taking out those pieces. And so the cycle continued until a little before midnight.

The skimmer when it was turned on starting leaking, the nut couldn't be tightened because it had been glued in. So we drained it and let it dry overnight. I am going to silicone it and in 24 hours will try it again.

The fish are in the new tank, and my corals spent the night in containers with powerheads on. I am going to place them in now.

I still have to hook up all my reactors. And transfer the 90 to the 150 and aquascape and........so on and so on....... ;D ;) ;D

Anthony and Terri and Joe stayed around to midnight when all the leaks had been fixed. God Bless them!!! They still had an almost two hour drive home. Anthony, you and Terri and Joe are the best. We made some good friends yesterday, thank you soooooooo much for all your hard work. Can't wait to you come up again to get the Soho, he was gorgeous!!

I will be putting up pictures in my thread either later today or sometime soon. Just a wee bit tired here. ;D And miles to go before I sleep. ;D

Erna