• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

240 gallon tank start up (picture intensive)

momof6kids

NJRC Member
adesimone1 said:
Erna,

The tank looks great the aquascaping really turned out nice. I'm so glad everything turned ok for you and your family. I know I see alot of space in there now, hmmmmmmm sounds like a shopping trip is in the near future for you. We are setting up a 70 gallon oceanic tech tank tomorrow, lol. We decided to move everything out of the frag tank and the aquapod into the new tank. Gluttens for punishment. Good luck! I'll bring some frags for you when we come back to get the sohal tang.

AO's anniversary sale, here I come!!! ;D ;D

blange3 said:
You win! ;D

No way I could have done it without Anthony, Terri and Joe's help. Anthony is amazing, I'm not sure if he ever measured anything. Just cut is about here, he would say. And it would be right on every time!! 8)

momof6kids

NJRC Member
steve68 said:
Sweet!
looking good Erna!
nothing like having a nice big tank !

Except when snails crawl into the overflow, get sucked into the tube and go for a ride. Stop for a break at the ball valve, and create a traffic jam (at least 3 in each pipe, I know because I couldn't get the one valve to open, so I took a pipe wrench and hit it, just a little :p and out pop 3 snails, did the same to the other one, same thing). It caused the tank to spill right over the top. Of course, this couldn't happen during the day when I would have caught it. Everything was fine when I went to bed at 11:30. The next morning the tank has turned into a waterfall, the sump has 5 inches of water in it, and my living room, was under water. Pergo laminate flooring, not supposed to get wet. :mad: Doug was not too happy. ::)

I drove around today trying to find another 1 1/2 inch strainer basket, I had one hanging around. No luck, but Feng at Red Sea gave me something that I think will work.

The joys of owning a big tank! :eek:

momof6kids

NJRC Member
On the bright side, I picked up a pretty pink zoo, and said hello to Anthony and Terri's Sohal. And you should see the new tank that Feng is building. It is L shaped. Way cool. 8)

Omg, Anthony knew that was going to happen with no strainers on the drains and no grooves in the overflow boxes Hopefully everything has dried up. The joys of owning a fish tank. How does my sohal look? See ya soon.

that sucks !
u can use gutter guard from HD or Lowes the black stuff then put egg crate on top
of that so they dont get in.