• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

29gallon newbie

thanks, ur right ive seen some fall off and die but i see one or two more open up every day and i guess over enough time whatever does fall off should be covered by new ones.... ughhh this just makes me want a bigger more automated tank...

timdmb said:
thanks, ur right ive seen some fall off and die but i see one or two more open up every day and i guess over enough time whatever does fall off should be covered by new ones.... ughhh this just makes me want a bigger more automated tank...

just because a tank is bigger doesn't necessarily make it better...look on the bright side - it could have been a BIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGG funk from a big tank!

phil519 said:
timdmb said:

just because a tank is bigger doesn't necessarily make it better...look on the bright side - it could have been a BIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGG funk from a big tank!

I can only imagine my sorrow when I lose one tiny frag....multiply that by 180G.
Nano's can be more sensitive but I guess they limit the loss too.

I think its important to automate everything you can. It never fails when i go away something bad happens. One time while i was away a snail got in the drain line and partially blocked it. Well with 150 extra gals in the basement you can imagine what happened. More water being pumped up then could go down. Fortunatly someone was here and called right away. Had to have them shut down the return pump. other than water on the floor everything thing else was fine till we got home. Hang in there it will take some time but it will get better

ok its been awhile so i figured an update is due since the funk ive recovered the tank with some losses as noted earlier but now everythgin is running and looking great. Tank contents: two tank bred clowns, a starki damsel, candy cane coral, scroll coral, hammer coral, various polyps, yellow polyp colony, pulsing xenia, elephant ear mushroom, and green star polyps. Moral of the post i havent given up... and im still around

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Glad things recovered. Hopefully you've snapped some pics along the way and can share them with us! hint... hint...

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECIEVE... these are early in the lighting cycle:

Starkii damsel
P3260686.jpg

Tongue
P3260705.jpg

Scroll
P3260703.jpg

Candy Cane
P3260704.jpg

Clowns
P3260700.jpg

Xenia
P3260698.jpg

Before:
P1260573.jpg

Full of cool mushrooms.....

After:
P3260710.jpg

You can see the one small mushroom... i hope he buds some friends

Also to the left of the mushroom can anyone id that encrusting coral? i hope it spreads as well... its pretty cool looking... any help would be appreciated

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The polyps on the scroll are HUGE (for a scroll). Everything looks nice & healthy.