• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

80g rimless build

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have bad luck with SPS. Once I get my parameters stable will try one more time and see how that goes.

erics210

NJRC Member
Not for nothing, but I have seen lots of variations of your setups. While I liked the bowfront from 2017, this one seems like its well on its way to becoming the top tank. Keep at it! If ever up here in North Jersey stop by and grab some frags...

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I really like those lights. Good luck with them
Much brighter than the Vipraspecter or other Black box lights. Why I turned them down some. Still debating if I want more white.
My yellow cup coral at the bottom right looks beige.....lol

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Much brighter than the Vipraspecter or other Black box lights. Why I turned them down some. Still debating if I want more white.
My yellow cup coral at the bottom right looks beige.....lol

I ran them at 100% blue and 20% white. From 9 to 9pm
I mounted them at 15” from the tank

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
My green Nephew was getting huge so moved it to the back, clown fish hosting was mad. Nephew wasn't doing well so decided to move it forward. I grabbed the one rock to move and it split in two, :(
Seems to be doing okay but have three big pieces of Nephea now. Will eventually spread them out once the two heal.

erics210

NJRC Member
My green Nephew was getting huge so moved it to the back, clown fish hosting was mad. Nephew wasn't doing well so decided to move it forward. I grabbed the one rock to move and it split in two, :(
Seems to be doing okay but have three big pieces of Nephea now. Will eventually spread them out once the two heal.
You are like the nepthea whisperer.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member

When nepthea get that big they frag themselves.
The tanks is looking good.