• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

BobCReef's 120 gal Re-birth

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have those IC fans. They are pretty good, a little noisy when they are really cranking...

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
They were the fans that were installed in the hood when we got it from Keith. I don't know what they were. We replaced them with the IC fans and have put up with the noise ever since.

Finally got the tank back inside. Working in the greenhouse tommorrow, hopefully can start working on plumbing tommorrow night if i'm not to tired. Off Monday so hope to get alot done this weekend

Finally got a chance to start working on the plumbing. Drilled the new holes for the 2" drains. Going through the side into a closet and then down to the basement. Everything going good. Go to put the male adapters in the bulkhead and yep you guessed it i cracked the the bulkhead fitting. No wrench, just my hand. So back to the store i go, install the new bulkhead and the male adapter put the tank back on the stand. Work on it again tommorrow.

Well finally got the water in the tank. Here are a couple pics. I'm sure I'll end up moving some rocks around as i stare at it more
Left side
8_22_02_08_8_20_33_0.jpg

Right side
8_22_02_08_8_20_33_1.jpg

Didn't get many pics. Battery on the camera went dead so I'll need to charge it for the meeting tomorrow ;D

nitrates were beginning to drop in the rock holding tank. i moved them up to the display tank. 100% water change. will give it a day or two and then test see where i'm at. A copuple of the rocks came right from the FO tank. They are the darker color rocks.
I must be patient. I must be patient :(

Well i made enough water to fill the one sump. Connected the pump this morning and finished the plumbing for the return line. Fired the pump up tonight. Now my question

If you recall i made both the holes in the overflows drain lines. I put a durso on the 1" hole of each overflow. Left the other 3/4" one just the bulk head. When i turned on the pump the smaller 3/4" hole was taking all the water and making a ton of noise. I thought i would be able to fill the overflow up and they would not be able to get air. I could increase the flow but i need to get some a 45 degree fitting. the one return right now is a 90 degree and the water is coming out blowing up against the front glass and i'm afraid it will come over the top there. Do i need to put a stand pipe in with another durso or something. I recall Steve68 told me he just removed his but maybe i don't remember to well.

Tank update. Had a bit of a hair algae problem but starting to get that under control. Introduced my first corals a few day ago thanks to Phyl and John as well as Tony. Here are some updated pics
8_30_03_08_10_01_41_1.jpg

8_30_03_08_10_01_41_2.jpg

8_30_03_08_9_59_49.jpg

8_30_03_08_10_01_40_0.jpg

8_30_03_08_10_13_47_0.jpg

8_30_03_08_10_13_47_1.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Grow'em big, Bob! I can't wait to watch as it progresses. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

And we were happy to be part of the rebuilding process, especially with as generous as you were to the club when you tore the tank down last time. Good luck with it!

Looks good Bob!

So what else are you planning on adding?

I've got a piece of rock avaialable that has some of the Green Bay Packer Zoas I got from you.