• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

BOD Succession

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I think by viewing the NJ map by county that Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean and Burlington is Central

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Let's try this approach.... I wish to nominate @amado for President of NJRC. I know him as being alive, breathing,and a resident of the fine State of New Jersey, home of RAP NY!

Haha
Thank you for your consideration.
I still have a lot to learn in the future I will take you up on that.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Okay guys. We are like four months aware on nominations. @amado or @DangerDave if y’all want to step up that would be awesome. I want to spend time with the potential
new treasurer and president.

Which positions are open still! It seems like all of them from forum post. I may be interested in one of the positions albeit I’m new to this.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
You are a lot farther along than you admit. But I think the position isn't as much about experience with reefing as it is with the 'business' end, and I think you'd be great

Thank you for your kind words.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
It's Taylor Ham!!!!!

Hi @swissy44! :) Would love for you to run for one of the spots. All positions are open. You would need to become a paid member which is cheap

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here are the requirements for All Officers positions from the ByLaws.
PRESIDENT
The President shall: Preside at all meetings of the Corporation. Call the Board of Directors together and preside at the meeting. Appoint and remove the chair of all Committees subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. Appoint all committees deemed necessary in the operation of the Corporation. Be ex-officio member of all committees. Call special meetings when necessary. Sign checks in the Treasurer’s absence, or may appoint another officer for this purpose

VICE PRESIDENT
The Vice President shall: Maintain relationships with sponsors. Manage communications to the community through newsletters, the Corporations’s website, mailings or other means. Develop relationships with other marine aquarium societies. Perform the duties of the President during any absence of the President and be ex-officio member of all committees. Assume the position of President at such time when the President position is vacant through resignation or removal.

SECRETARY
The Secretary shall: Attend or appoint a member to attend all regular monthly and special membership meetings of the Corporation and record its date, place and proceedings. Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and keep a full and complete record of the proceedings. Be the custodian of all the documents of the Corporation other than those pertaining specifically to the other offices of the Corporation. Countersign as Secretary of the Corporation all instruments, papers and documents when asked to do so by the Board of Directors. Keep all minutes available for the inspection of the Board of Directors at any of their regular business meetings and likewise available for the inspection of the members of the Corporation at every regular monthly membership meeting.

TREASURER
The Treasurer shall: Be custodian of all funds and securities of the Corporation and as such take adequate precautions to safeguard them. Keep a regular book of accounts of the funds and securities. Dispense money for the payment of bills and current expenses of the Corporation as authorized by the Board of Directors and keep the same as a part of Treasurer's records. Report upon all the financial transactions of the Corporation when called upon to do so at meetings of the Board of Directors and at the regular monthly membership meetings of the Corporation. Make the book of accounts of the Corporation available for inspection by the members of the Corporation at every regular monthly meeting and available for inspection by the Board of Directors. Make the book of accounts available for inspection by any audit committee appointed by the President. Receive all dues and issue membership cards, which shall serve as a receipt. Prepare all regulatory and tax filings as required under federal and statue statues.

AT LARGE DIRECTORS
There shall be three (3) Directors at Large, who shall act as liaisons between the Board of Directors and the General Membership of the Corporation. Each position elected from the membership will represent a geographical region: North Jersey, Central Jersey ,South Jersey.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Ok I can be central NJ director.
Central NJ does exist.
I live in central NJ
That consist of Middlesex county and union count and Essex county.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Guys. Focusing the conversation again.
Everyone wants to be a DAL. That’s the easy part

the club cannot operate with out the top3/4 positions.
We need the prez, vp and treasurer

Here are the requirements for All Officers positions from the ByLaws.
PRESIDENT
The President shall: Preside at all meetings of the Corporation. Call the Board of Directors together and preside at the meeting. Appoint and remove the chair of all Committees subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. Appoint all committees deemed necessary in the operation of the Corporation. Be ex-officio member of all committees. Call special meetings when necessary. Sign checks in the Treasurer’s absence, or may appoint another officer for this purpose

VICE PRESIDENT
The Vice President shall: Maintain relationships with sponsors. Manage communications to the community through newsletters, the Corporations’s website, mailings or other means. Develop relationships with other marine aquarium societies. Perform the duties of the President during any absence of the President and be ex-officio member of all committees. Assume the position of President at such time when the President position is vacant through resignation or removal.

SECRETARY
The Secretary shall: Attend or appoint a member to attend all regular monthly and special membership meetings of the Corporation and record its date, place and proceedings. Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and keep a full and complete record of the proceedings. Be the custodian of all the documents of the Corporation other than those pertaining specifically to the other offices of the Corporation. Countersign as Secretary of the Corporation all instruments, papers and documents when asked to do so by the Board of Directors. Keep all minutes available for the inspection of the Board of Directors at any of their regular business meetings and likewise available for the inspection of the members of the Corporation at every regular monthly membership meeting.

TREASURER
The Treasurer shall: Be custodian of all funds and securities of the Corporation and as such take adequate precautions to safeguard them. Keep a regular book of accounts of the funds and securities. Dispense money for the payment of bills and current expenses of the Corporation as authorized by the Board of Directors and keep the same as a part of Treasurer's records. Report upon all the financial transactions of the Corporation when called upon to do so at meetings of the Board of Directors and at the regular monthly membership meetings of the Corporation. Make the book of accounts of the Corporation available for inspection by the members of the Corporation at every regular monthly meeting and available for inspection by the Board of Directors. Make the book of accounts available for inspection by any audit committee appointed by the President. Receive all dues and issue membership cards, which shall serve as a receipt. Prepare all regulatory and tax filings as required under federal and statue statues.

AT LARGE DIRECTORS
There shall be three (3) Directors at Large, who shall act as liaisons between the Board of Directors and the General Membership of the Corporation. Each position elected from the membership will represent a geographical region: North Jersey, Central Jersey ,South Jersey.
Wow I didn’t even know there was all this going on in a reef club. I’m very new to all this and it is very interesting!

I haven't been on here in quite a while. Hope everyone is doing well! I looked for my old copy of the By-Laws, but can't find them.

I know the existing board members may be burnt out, but for those that aren't and may want to keep their positions, there should be a section in the By-Laws regarding how to present & vote on amendments to the By-Laws. Just a thought.