• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Conversion to 180g

Glad everythings doing better!

Phyl if you can get an after picture of the efflo, it would be cool to see the recovery before/after shot.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll take one tonight, Mike. I wish I had a picture of the green and orange caps. The change there is nothing short of amazing. I really didn't think they'd survive. The green cap is a fighter though. I had lost all but a polyp of that. John wanted to throw it away at one point, and it has grown into a masterpiece. (a small one, but a masterpiece none the less, lol).

Glad everything is working out Phyl and John!

Thinking about recovery stories and the discussion about an emergency forum I was thinking maybe a sticky post of the basic steps of what to do in an emegency and links to good recovery stories might be helpful.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
True, but the credit for the recovery goes to the corals and not their keeper on this one!

Phyl said:
True, but the credit for the recovery goes to the corals and not their keeper on this one!

So not true... if you didn't do a great job with the tank then the corals stand no chance... you gotta take some credit. ;)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Actually, if we did ANYTHING, it was adjust the lighting. We turned all lights off after the burn was realized. We left them off for the rest of the night. The following two days were actinics only. We added the 400s in on day 3, if I remember correctly and then it was another couple of days before we added the 250s back in. For those who don't know, we run actinics only for 2 hours, then 250s only for 4 hours, then 400s only for the next 4 hours, and then actinics for the couple of hours after that.

The 250s are XM10Ks (nearly the same par as the 400 Reeflux 12Ks).

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A month and a half after the conversion (and probably a month after the bulb burst), here's a FTS:

dsc_2539.jpg

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm so glad that rock is starting to purple up. Those first few days were rough when everything was stark white. I'm sure in a few months it'll be back to how it was before we switched over.

It really does look great. I was there the other day. I love all the activity in your tank. So many little ocupants that make the tank come to life. The new mystry wrasse is gorgeous. It will look completely purple in no time.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
MikeNapoli said:
The new mystry wrasse is gorgeous. It will look completely purple in no time.

:eek:

Oh the tank! Yeah, the rock looks more purple each and every day. Hopefully it will be all colored up soon. Thanks, Mike!

Wow that looks fantastic! I cannot believe how perfectly clean it looks, I know we all go for the clean look but that is unreal.

Phyl/John, the tank looks amazing. Makes me happier that I purchased a 180. One question. Is that a cap in the middle of the tank with a yellow trim around it? What is it called?