• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Cranford, NJ Wire Management

StarTech.com Server Rack Cable Management - 3x3in - Open Slot Network & Data Cable Raceway - Finger Duct Cable Management w/ Cover (AD3X3)

Hi, I'm new to the hobby and figured eventually I will be asking silly questions here and asking people for random things. So before I ask for help, I'm in a position to offer to the community something free. I have a few of these raceways. I ordered one and Amazon sent a case, sorry Bezos, I'll offer it here first.

If anyone would like one, please reply here. I will give you my address and just swing by and pick it up. Once they are all gone, I will edit the post. This is 100% free and I expect nothing in return. I do know that one day I would like to have my tank's PAR measured. If someone has a reader and would be kind enough to offer that service, I would be grateful. I have no issue paying a fee for your service and inconvenience.

I hope to hear from some of you!

Gaspare

First, welcome to the club! I’ll take one of these if you’re offering. I can also lend you a PAR meter when the time comes. Will send you a PM.

I still own the property at rosselle so I pass by time to time. Whats your plans? You have a tank or purchsing one soon?

Very nice. Like the rock work.

wow cycled in 2 weeks. Even if I have a fast cycle im usually worried with adding livestock so quick.
What equipment you got and how many gallons?

Very nice. Like the rock work.

wow cycled in 2 weeks. Even if I have a fast cycle im usually worried with adding livestock so quick.
What equipment you got and how many gallons?

So the tank got wet June 21st. You can follow my LOG HERE
Or my BUILD THREAD HERE

But the short of it is:

It's a Waterbox Mini Peninsula 25 (21 gallons of water). I purchased some AquaBiomic's Live Reef Rubble and dosed 4 caps/day of Dr. Tims One and Only for 4 days. I added Cheeto, my Black Ice Snowflake July 27th last day of RAP NY.

I am following a 15 step process found HERE. His name is Lasse and not only is he very generous with his time he is extremely knowledgeable (with over 40 years of reef keeping). A true gentleman, always responds when I tag him. I'm very fortunate to have met him online.

I only have Cheeto currently and absolutely love the lil guy. In my (biased) opinion, best looking clown I ever saw :)
My goal this weekend is to set up the lights. I have a used Kessil A360WE and two LED bars I ordered custom on Alibaba. Next plan is to have them run for 3 days or so and add a CUC. At this point I can even add a Zoa.

Nice. Cant wait to see the light setup.

iI saw your build thread and noticed the UV. I have never used one before and I do see many people raving about them. What made you decide to get it?

Nice. Cant wait to see the light setup.

iI saw your build thread and noticed the UV. I have never used one before and I do see many people raving about them. What made you decide to get it?
To be honest, I bought it used and at this size it's something cheap. BRS does a lot of vids on them and I like the idea of it being a dual-purpose tool. I can set the water flow to the lower setting allowing it to kill fish parasites, and then the higher flow to kill harmful bacteria.

I don't have a QT tank and would prefer to buy fish from TSM Aquatics or another vendor that Humble Fish endorses. But when I do get a new fish, I'll run the slow flowrate. After some time, crank the flow to high and keep algae and company at bay.

Anyway, that was my reasoning.

radiata

NJRC Member
Gaspare,

I've been considering using them, or a reasonable facsimile from Monoprice. I have a number of tanks in my basement controlled by an unusually large Neptune Apex system. I'd attach them to the beams in my basement vertically and use them to consolidate Apex connectivity wiring, electrical power wiring, switch lines, ATO water lines, probe cabling, and more. In their current positions, I often need to grope my way through them like Indiana Jones in a jungle when I'm looking for what ever is connected to what ever.

I could use a few, and will pay for them. Are you going to the upcoming NJRC meet?

Thanks,
Bob