• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dangerdave’s reef

DangerDave

NJRC Member
So I lost the hydnophora colonies, and a fairly large cyphastrea in the DT. Most of the sps in the frag tanks either bleached or grayed out. I think I’m mostly ok, nems faired better than expected so far, but I gotta figure out what happened to the oxydator.

Also, sorry again @Jon but I wasn’t comfortable with you picking up until I knew what was wrong. Everything you wanted seems fine, but I’d like to give it a week Or two to be sure.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
So I lost the hydnophora colonies, and a fairly large cyphastrea in the DT. Most of the sps in the frag tanks either bleached or grayed out. I think I’m mostly ok, nems faired better than expected so far, but I gotta figure out what happened to the oxydator.

Also, sorry again @Jon but I wasn’t comfortable with you picking up until I knew what was wrong. Everything you wanted seems fine, but I’d like to give it a week Or two to be sure.
Crap Dave hope it rebounds quickly.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Most everything is ok. 80% of my sps bleached or grey/browned out. Even the alien eye and Hollywood stunner look terrible. Zoas and palys came right back. Euphyllia too, in fact they were the first to open again (this had me sweating).

Some things really surprised me. I have this lobo that @Sponge gave me (It’s a lobo right Matt?). It was pulled so tight that the skeleton was pushed though the flesh. Amazingly, today it looks good about half opened, color mostly back.

Moving on, I built the right side add onto the manifold.

1ECD2007-8B8C-4690-9112-6C65C21CFAFE.jpeg

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Most everything is ok. 80% of my sps bleached or grey/browned out. Even the alien eye and Hollywood stunner look terrible. Zoas and palys came right back. Euphyllia too, in fact they were the first to open again (this had me sweating).

Some things really surprised me. I have this lobo that @Sponge gave me (It’s a lobo right Matt?). It was pulled so tight that the skeleton was pushed though the flesh. Amazingly, today it looks good about half opened, color mostly back.

View attachment 29007
Your system never stops amazing me. Crazy in a good way

DangerDave

NJRC Member
All good bro, this is just for expansion.

The issue I had last weekend was a huge peroxide overdose from a malfunction of my oxydator (which I didn’t think was possible).

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Moved the original manifold and installed it off the left side of the feed pipe. I temporarily hung the right manifold, but haven’t connected it. I added the gfo reactor and took out the pump that was feeding it. Everything from the original plumbing is running aside from the carbon and the chiller.

4AD263DD-BAEF-4BE3-918F-AEB70125938D.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 29007
Yes. Lobo :dance:

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Well those lights are getting replaced. When you cycle the power the default position is off. I can’t use with apex. I found a few good options on amazon, but ended up going with two Chaetomax leds from brs since they can be here much faster.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
here’s the new right side manifold mounted properly.

66E248E8-6C0A-404D-98BB-AF51B4803860.jpeg

Even before I set up the right side, the old manifold that was reused as left side has a ton of increased flow. Increasing the pump to manifold Pipe to 1.5 really made a huge difference.

here’s the scrubber, 5 days running, 2 with the correct lights.

7975109E-B71B-4BE4-AD82-8ECC57D8F012.jpeg

still needs to drill out the main drain, but can’t until I’m ready to mount in it’s final resting place. The current drain will be the emergency drain when all is said and done.

Here is what I went with for the quick disconnect:

9A09EDE4-23B5-4432-A1E0-A9797A0BFC17.jpeg

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
here’s the new right side manifold mounted properly.

View attachment 29177

Even before I set up the right side, the old manifold that was reused as left side has a ton of increased flow. Increasing the pump to manifold Pipe to 1.5 really made a huge difference.

here’s the scrubber, 5 days running, 2 with the correct lights.

View attachment 29178

still needs to drill out the main drain, but can’t until I’m ready to mount in it’s final resting place. The current drain will be the emergency drain when all is said and done.

Here is what I went with for the quick disconnect:

View attachment 29180

What size pipe did you run before ?
1” pipe
I was thinking about 1” all around but maybe I should go from my pump to the manifold with a 1 1/2 pipe

That Looks really nice