• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dangerdave’s reef

DangerDave

NJRC Member
What size pipe did you run before ?
1” pipe
I was thinking about 1” all around but maybe I should go from my pump to the manifold with a 1 1/2 pipe

That Looks really nice

thanks!

Each manifold is 1” to the supply line (another manifold I guess). The supply is 1.5. It’s the same size coming out of the pump. The pump is a 2650gph pump. I was getting around 1000gph coming out with 1” hose to the manifold. I would have all of the outlets fully open. I was under powered.

26E99579-4232-45A7-8853-7C54CFE0BFF8.jpeg

I haven’t measured the flow yet, but I have to dial all of the valves back now due to flow :). When I opened flow to a reactor on the new manifold, I saw no change. The real test will be when the two new tanks are up and running....

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I like the setup. I am going to do some plumbing this weekend. I also have to build the frag stands. What are you using?
that looks interesting.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
That new one is rated @ 1500lbs, the other two are rated @ 2500lbs. The bigger ones are really nice, but I couldn’t find a deal and this is plenty more capacity than I need.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Thanks man. I'm trying to decide if I want to set it up over a sump, or on a shelf. Any input folks? The obvious answer would be sump in case of any overflows, but where I could put it (pass through or old sump) would still get water everywhere. I was thinking maybe build a shelf on the main sump, but if it fell in I'd have a lights in the water problem....

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Thanks! It's a bit of overkill, but you get a ton of space. I should have done the 60 wide one for this tank an put the clown tank on it too....

DangerDave

NJRC Member
The scrubber is in its final location. With the main drain installed I can run at full flow. I still have to measure it but I think I have about 250-300gph running over the screen. One thing down, like 15 more to go.

7419AE04-E0AC-4454-931E-5C53BF58EDD3.jpeg

I ordered another table for the new frag tank. Once it gets here I’ll get the new tank in place. before it gets here I have to move a table, cabinets, and some shelving to make room for it. This all your fault @amado !! Lol

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I
The scrubber is in its final location. With the main drain installed I can run at full flow. I still have to measure it but I think I have about 250-300gph running over the screen. One thing down, like 15 more to go.

View attachment 29462

I ordered another table for the new frag tank. Once it gets here I’ll get the new tank in place. before it gets here I have to move a table, cabinets, and some shelving to make room for it. This all your fault @amado !! Lol
Let me know if you need a sump for that new frag tank lol “iron sharpens iron”

Hockeynut

NJRC Member

View attachment 29462

Hey Dave is the outlet coming out of the bottom now?
If so do you have a gate valve to regulate the flow to the emergency pipe on the side?

DangerDave

NJRC Member
@Hockeynut yeah man, its out the bottom now Through a 1.5 drain. No gate valve, nothing flows through through the emergency drain. It isn’t running a syphon, I may eventually put a gate on it remove the noise. The room has some water sound anyway, so it’s not a big deal at the moment.