• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Decisions that affected NJRC

@ecambero i think some of us get a little heated on here because of what the club represents to them. For me this club is the greatest resource I could ever ask for, the people here are awesome.. I get that there are people here fighting to keep the club going an feel they are carrying a lot of weight managing things. I have heard from others about negativity they recieved when posting ideas or asking for opinions or help .. I have mentioned it in quite a few forums but nobody ever comments about it when it brought up seems to be ignored at times.. Heck I even had a nice post about the mission statement of the club and why we are all a part of a bigger picture.. Not one response.. I am not sure what people are focused on when they come here but I do know just like you that there are awesome people in this club that have been extremely helpful and with them alone is value of being apart of this club.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
It's easy to miss posts. I think I'm on here a lot since I joined. and still get surprised when I see a great thread that's a few pages long that I never noticed. That said, I agree with you @Jeremy Brito , this club is awesome and I'm glad to be part of it. I don't know what happened before I joined, and I'm not really worried about it. Everyone I've met or spoken with on the forum seems to be on the same page as to what we want; a good reliable local community to talk about (and do things related to) reefing.

Dave

DangerDave

NJRC Member
You be surprise how many folks want t-shirts or in other words swag. I ran a soccer tournament last summer (doing another one this summer) for goalkeepers called Goalie Wars. I spent money to get some t-shirts made up for folks working the event. They were cheaply done ($5 shirts and a buddy printed on them with his t-shirt label maker). I had money folks coming up to me asking where they could buy one of those shirts. I made notes to have shirts this tournament.

I remember this event, it was really cool. Thanks for putting in the effort. One of my three 14 year olds is a goal keeper. He threw his last couple rounds to go home early. How lame right?

Dave

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I remember this event, it was really cool. Thanks for putting in the effort. One of my three 14 year olds is a goal keeper. He threw his last couple rounds to go home early. How lame right?

Dave

We are doing it again this summer. Trying to make it a yearly thing. First weekend in Aug. Also what team does he play for? I am a goalkeeper trainer.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Ah way too far. Sounds like fun. My sons would have had fun.
Where you live at? I had a college student, from CA, contact me about playing in our next tournament lol. Its a load of fun. I have to make some changes because it was a long day and some of the age groups were not done correctly but over all it went well wouldn't you say @DangerDave

If you guys are wanting T-Shirts I have a friend there in NJ who owns a T-shirt business. He can make anything you want any design and any color. Maybe don't give them away but sell them to the club members or anyone else who wants them.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Kids are 12 and 9. I used to coach. If it was closer i would have a ton if kids interested.

Pinelands is probably 1.5hrs away.

Looks like fun tho.

Oh we had keepers from all over the state come last summer. We had 28 keepers some that were 2 hours away.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Where you live at? I had a college student, from CA, contact me about playing in our next tournament lol. Its a load of fun. I have to make some changes because it was a long day and some of the age groups were not done correctly but over all it went well wouldn't you say @DangerDave

Yeah it was definitely cool. A different exercise in using their goalkeeper skills than usual. Lol my favorite part was it was local! Last weekend we were VA for three days, next month is Batavia NY. :stupid:

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
If you guys are wanting T-Shirts I have a friend there in NJ who owns a T-shirt business. He can make anything you want any design and any color. Maybe don't give them away but sell them to the club members or anyone else who wants them.
@Mark_C

In some ways I agree with kschweer I don't expect anything from my membership fee. The fee is very small to be inclusive for all. I asked long time ago. On the other hand I expect more from the club in general.
I suspect the vague issues dealt with the for sale forum, it has always been a point of contention. When the club was busy some people used it as their personal store.
Others like Stan bought a sponsorship and great respect for him for doing so. That said with MACNA ...cannot believe it was so long ago.....we couldn't have that sort of thing.
Thus too much of a good thing...killing the golden goose....whatever you want to use. There was a lot of fighting between the old guard and the new folks, bla bla bla. The club was dynamic and we got a lot of great stuff done. But at the same time there was too much in the way of politics. I know for sure that I pissed off both old and new alike hahaha. When they made me a MOD all those years ago I was able to see some of the inner comments. I think old and new wanted what was best for the club generally, though the FS forum was abused by some. That said feelings were hurt bla bla bla.

There is your history lesson from a new/old guy. (definitely old)

The absolute best part of the club has always been relationships with members. People like MikeM were priceless when it came to setting up my tank.(and since then in other ways)
I feel that to this day I am in debt to the club and always try to pay it forward. There were great buys that we did, Steve and I did a lot, and I did them with John before that even.
Amazon basically put us out of biz haha, people complained things were not delivered to their doors. What they missed out on was meeting people at dropoff/pickup. Priceless.
Anyway look forward a renaissance I hope.

Ask not what the club can do for you but what we can do for each other.