• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Dive Certification (Express your interest in a class here)

Figures since I just moved from Deptford which was next door. :)

Anyway I'm still interested in the classes.

Carlo

PS Mike I'm not sure the sizing of wet suits so I won't ask a size. What I will ask is what size person will your suit fit? (ie height,weight) :)

If it's my size I'd be interested in purchasing it from you.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
cayars said:
I'm not sure the sizing of wet suits so I won't ask a size. What I will ask is what size person will your suit fit? (ie height,weight) :)

If it's my size I'd be interested in purchasing it from you.

It's a large. At the time I bought it, I was 6'2" and weighed about 170-180.

Diving is a blast!!! When you go count me in as a diver. I might get my rescue diver finished up this summer.like was stated visability in not the greatest and the water is cold but there are so many wrecks to explore...

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's starting to get to be that time of year again. Are we still trying to put a class together or shall we pursue this on our own?

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think we should all talk to our dive shops in our area and see who has the best price for our own groupe.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Can you refresh our memory's without us reading the whole thread? Thanks.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Pricing wise, for just about any shop or Private instructors, for a complete package with no extra's but personals, it runs $250 - $300.

I have taught for a number of the shops in the area, I only offer my services here in case we find a hosting "pool" somewhere pretty central to run a larger type of class. It would be quite easy to get divemasters and assitant instructors to make the pool time very close to one on one. Or if some of the other instructors here that are ties to a shop need an assistant instructor or someone to do the lectures, etc...

Phil

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
2 issues there....

Homeowners insurance won't cover a problem as it now a commercial use of a home pool. Secondly, 8 foot just isn't deep enough when you are working on Bouyancy Control excercises. 10 ft minumum,, 12 foot is perfect.

If we are going to get something going in the central NJ area count me in. There will be 2 of us - me and my Daughter.

Eric