• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

dnov99's 260 Gal eye candy thread...

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Looks good Darren... Glad to hear the transition went smoothly...

Thank Brian!

Hmmmm. Bare bottom huh? Any particular reason why?

I wish I would have known yesterday was the day, I would have been glad to join Mike.

As for barebottom, if you saw what the old sand looked like you would go BB. If we were to add sand yesterday it would have added so much stress to the entire system. In addition sand and acrylic just dont mix. I have always been a sand guy, but I must say, I really like the BB. In six months it will be covered in coraline.

Tough job but somebody had to do it. BTW I will ignore the calls when you need someone to grab something off the bottom of the tank.

LMAO!!

Darren, glad to see everything went well. Looks fantastic….as expected.

Thanks Paul!!!

Looks great D I was worried about your tank swap but can clearly see you had a good group of people to help out I just wish I could have been there. It does seem different without the sand but the scape looks fairly similar. Lookin forward to visiting you soon pal. I wanna check it out for myself

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Very nice! You really have an eye for scaping. Nice job Darren.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Can't say anything better than all the above posters. I'm glad to hear and see that all went well, now you can sleep at night! Looks great from the pics, but I will have to find an excuse to come see it in person!

I am really happy to hear that the president was there protecting you and your workers from getting drunk during a critical move! I hear there is a beer bottle at the bottom of your ocean though, Is this true?

Congrats and good luck with it...May the third time be the charm!

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Thanks everybody!! I am just so relieved this is over and to finally have a properly constructed tank. Will and Stan went home with lots of frags. LOL

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Been a while since I updated this thread. Here are some new pieces I acquired from WWC.

JF Firestarter
IMG_2678.jpg

JF Sweetooth
IMG_2676.jpg

WWC Jellybean
IMG_2674.jpg

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Been a while since I updated this thread. Thankfully my generator saved my tank from Hurricane Sandy and all came thru with no problems. Snapped a few quick shots. Have a few more new pieces that I need to photo later this week.

FTS
IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

Group shot of Space invader pectinia, Crazy Fox, Yellow Tenius acro and ATL raspberry limeade
IMG_3475.jpg

New Orange Hammer (pics dont do it justice)
IMG_3459-1.jpg