• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

emergency

I'm taking care of a members tank, (on day 4) basically just feeding and today I found water all over. The ATO was empty and the skimmer overflow was full and overflowed onto the floor. (skimmer seems fine now) Inside stand is wet too. Concerned about the electrical. I didn't feed the fish today, I'm not sure why the skimmer went nuts. I can not get a hold of the member via phone. (voicemail only), I added some water to the ATO. I have to watch my son for an hour and then I'm going back over with a mop. Couldn't find one at the owners home. I'm concerned about addition overflow. All life is ok. I will check salinity too. Temp and ph is good based on Apex display.

Any suggestions? you can call my cell 848.525.4066

What skimmer does he have? Bubble magus have a tendency to do that... I own one.

I wouldn't worry about the pump... I would worry about the ATO or the floats... Pump does what it's told...

Hope you can figure it out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the skimmer discharge for any obstruction, to include errant snails, etc. If the discharge was impeded the water in the skimmer may have gotten too high, and caused it to overflow the cup. Another possibility is that the ATO didn't shut off, causing the water in the sump to get too high, which caused the water in the skimmer to get too high and caused the cup to overflow.

I'm going over soon, I'll look at that...thanks! Skimmer seemed fine when I was there, ATO sticking seems most likely.

Make sure the air intake on the skimmer is clear too. If it gets clogged, it will cause more water to be pumped into the skimmer, and have similar results.

Cleaned up the mess. Everything is running fine. Even fed the fish. Keeping fingers crossed. Salinity is 1.025

Make sure the ATO tube is in the tank...not just pushing water all over the floor? Hope you figure things out. Strange that the salinity is OK while the ATO is empty and water is everywhere...to me that means the water on the floor was from the ATO.

Make sure the ATO tube is in the tank...not just pushing water all over the floor? Hope you figure things out. Strange that the salinity is OK while the ATO is empty and water is everywhere...to me that means the water on the floor was from the ATO.

I filled the ATO to 1/3 yesterday and it hasn't hardly moved. The skimmer overflow was empty too. Yesterday the skimmer overflow was overflowing. I just feed the fish and all is ok right now.