• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help panic mode

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Diana,
Sorry for the loss.
And, in saying that...
I've got purple stylo, a green acro, a pink acro, a reddish fuzzy tree thing, these are scientific names I using, red monti cap, and a yellow/blue monti if you want any of it. Also have 2 frags of rastas but they haven't opened in the past week since I got them, you can have one of those as well if you like.
Lemme know. I can send pics.

Diana,
Sorry for the loss.
And, in saying that...
I've got purple stylo, a green acro, a pink acro, a reddish fuzzy tree thing, these are scientific names I using, red monti cap, and a yellow/blue monti if you want any of it. Also have 2 frags of rastas but they haven't opened in the past week since I got them, you can have one of those as well if you like.
Lemme know. I can send pics.
Diana same here all I got are some mushrooms but your more than welcome to have a couple (have a rock with one orange one blue and one green) that you can have

I lost power on Tuesday around 3:30 and just got power, cable, and internet back on in the last 30 minutes. Most of my SPS are dead/white. Waiting to see if the zoas will open back up. Fish are alive
If you would like l have an extra Hawaii punch anemone( purple tipped rose with a green base) it would be my pleasure to give you one

So sorry Diana. Only sps I have is orange plating montipora but I also have softies, mushrooms, and zoas to share. Glad to help you repopulate.

I lost power on Tuesday around 3:30 and just got power, cable, and internet back on in the last 30 minutes. Most of my SPS are dead/white. Waiting to see if the zoas will open back up. Fish are alive
Diana. Don’t know what I have that you may want (just PM me and let me know). I’ll cut, frag or just give you what ever you need. My ac died during storm and I was away. So I’m just getting tanks back online and down to normal temperatures so I just need a few days for things to stabilize and see if everything is ok.

Diana. Don’t know what I have that you may want (just PM me and let me know). I’ll cut, frag or just give you what ever you need. My ac died during storm and I was away. So I’m just getting tanks back online and down to normal temperatures so I just need a few days for things to stabilize and see if everything is ok.
Diana I have a inverter that kept my whole system going ,, rated up to 500w,, your more than welcome to have it, hit me up anytime by text
609-290-5252

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
It’s very sweet of everyone trying to help. I will pass. Hubby has me counting circuit breakers in the four boxes in the basement. I get to plan for a small gas generator by Generac.

Around 5:00 the power came back after the storm. I think the reef gods are trying to help me out lol. I had gotten some snails and it must have had vermetid snail on one of them. I haven’t had anything else new in a while. There was an explosion of vermetid in the past 6 weeks. Need to figure out if I should leave them be or kill them all. I really don’t want vermetids inside the PVC of the new tank.

I spoke to the owner @Major League who is a sponsor here last week. He is suppose to get back to me if he is able to get me a non-temp tank. If he can’t, I’ll have to travel to PA.

Stay safe and healthy

It’s very sweet of everyone trying to help. I will pass. Hubby has me counting circuit breakers in the four boxes in the basement. I get to plan for a small gas generator by Generac.

Around 5:00 the power came back after the storm. I think the reef gods are trying to help me out lol. I had gotten some snails and it must have had vermetid snail on one of them. I haven’t had anything else new in a while. There was an explosion of vermetid in the past 6 weeks. Need to figure out if I should leave them be or kill them all. I really don’t want vermetids inside the PVC of the new tank.

I spoke to the owner @Major League who is a sponsor here last week. He is suppose to get back to me if he is able to get me a non-temp tank. If he can’t, I’ll have to travel to PA.

Stay safe and healthy
I had vermetids and purchased 2 dozen bumble bee snails. I was beginning to think the dang vermetids were going to take over the whole tank. I still have a few here and there but the bumble bees did the trick. They are slow and methodical. You barely realize they are making any impact. But low and behold one day you look and your like huh. Where did all then pesky critters go.

I had vermetids and purchased 2 dozen bumble bee snails. I was beginning to think the dang vermetids were going to take over the whole tank. I still have a few here and there but the bumble bees did the trick. They are slow and methodical. You barely realize they are making any impact. But low and behold one day you look and your like huh. Where did all then pesky critters go.
What are vermetids, first time I’ve ever herd of them, what do they look like

The video Diana posted gives you a good idea. But in short. They look like fan worms with a fat curly snail like base. They don’t seem to hurt anything. But they can really explode and become in my opinion. Unsightly. Problem with trying to remove them by hand. Is they are tuff cookies. Breaking of the tube dosent do it. They seem to be able to survive and come back. But for me. Bumble be snails worked very well

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@Sponge is right, they are tough cookies to remove. I had spent a hour back in June, removing rocks one by one. I used a swiss army knife to scrape them off. The babies are so small that it is easy to miss them.

Salted

NJRC Member

Stay safe and healthy
Diana, this is a great online seller for Generac Electric Generators Direct | Specializing in Power Generators . Lots of information to help you figure out what you need.