• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ID Please

Does anyone know what this is? Its starting to spread on one of my rocks.

2042e6e2.jpg

Is it out during the day, or only after dark? I have some that are similar that only come out after lights out. Not sure what they are though

I agree it looks like a paly,glad to know that at least some of us have good"hitchhikers".I hope that it grows and spreads for you.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My first thought was aiptasia too but they usually have longer fingers. Either way the spots make it cool.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Doesn't look like aiptasia at all to me? Way too many tentacles or whatever you want to call them and the disc is way too big. I am no expert, but it has no resemblance at all to me. I will try to get a pic of mine to post

Trigger99 gave me a bunch of those. He called the 'Haunted House' something ... ? Not Aptasia ...

Sandee | Sent from my iPhone!

howze01

NJRC Member
You can tell Palys/Anems pretty easy. Give it a poke. If it's an Anem it will recede into the rock. A Paly will just close up.

These things are out all the time. I'm not having a good feeling about these guys. Taz, put up a pic when you get a chance.

I poked it and this is what it looks like closed up. Bad pic.....

f0dbf403.jpg

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I tried, they were closed up. There is actually 3 or4. Lights are shutting down, ill try again tomorrow.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I have a paly like that and when it is closed up it has the same markings as yours. We got it at the swap paid 20.00 for a polyp