• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

In the wall 265 Perfecto

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Made some great progress today. Ethan is a real pro at this. Highly recommend him. Aquascape turn out great. Will post pics of that I'm the morning.

Back for more fun tomorrow

yvuqazah.jpg

ysuzu7a6.jpg

u7y4y9et.jpg

Looks like some nice work! I'm curious as to the purpose of the piping passing through that last chamber? Are they bypasses?

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
It is a strange design. The dude I got the sump from 7 years ago set it up like that. We debated changing it today. But figured if it ain't broke don't fix it. We moved the sump out from under the stand to make it easy to do maintenance. That and all the leaks from my bad plumbing over the years.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Glad to see you're back in the game Ed. Looking good. Keep the pictures coming. Show us what the tank looks like.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice... looks like an evil scientist's lab, complete with a nice bubbling sound in the background! :applouse:

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Phosphate is .03 for probably the first time ever. I guess a 200 gallon plus water change can do that. Cal 400 alk is 7.3. Looking good so far. Been reading up on dosing pumps. Leaning towards two Bulk reef supply dosing pumps.

Thank god for the waste collection auto shut off on my reef octopus skimmer. This morning when I got up it was full of water. That would have been a mess.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
For those that use dosing pumps I'm trying to understand how this all works. I've been watching the bulk reef suppy videos and using the calculator they have on the website.

For Calcium
Total water volume 460 Gallons
Current value 400 ppm
Desired value 420 ppm

NEED: Need: 921.1 ml
31.1 fl oz
184.2 tsp

How long do you let the pump run to dose this much? Does this seem right?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Ed, for the initial dose. i would does that manually over 3-4 days (not all at once). And then set the dosers for maintenace based on your daily consumption

For those that use dosing pumps I'm trying to understand how this all works. I've been watching the bulk reef suppy videos and using the calculator they have on the website.

For Calcium
Total water volume 460 Gallons
Current value 400 ppm
Desired value 420 ppm

NEED: Need: 921.1 ml
31.1 fl oz
184.2 tsp

How long do you let the pump run to dose this much? Does this seem right?