• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Innovative Marine 30 AIO Long

Plenty of things can startle fish besides another fish chasing them. I've had fish jump when there was nothing else in the tank. Lights coming on, someone walking by, etc... Certain species (including gobies, jawfish, and wrasses) are the most prone to doing this.
yep agreed particularly when in a smaller tank. never had any of them jump in 75g+ even with way overstocked fish also had them jump out of small qt tanks when hosted with other fish or alone.

Forgot to mention. I also dosed some bacter 7 almost daily when I started the UV. I now do it once a week. From what I read, dinos on substrate is the most difficult to eradicate with most people having to remove it (rip clean). Hopefully time and perseverance will pay off for us.

I added ecopods fed phyto everyday for 2 ish months.

I've noticed since my more regular water changes it's come back. My thought is I do water changes to remove larger particles. I do substrate flush thru filter sock in between to remove detritus and such.

I run uv 24/7 if I added Chaeto I feel my phosphates would disappear. I run chempipure blue which reduced phosphates from .25 to ~ .1 but I just don't get how they're back. It's snotty on substrate but rocks don't really get it odd..

Maybe I'll order bacter7 or something to add more

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Forgot to mention. I also dosed some bacter 7 almost daily when I started the UV. I now do it once a week. From what I read, dinos on substrate is the most difficult to eradicate with most people having to remove it (rip clean). Hopefully time and perseverance will pay off for us.
I'm getting close especially considering my verm problem

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I'm getting close especially considering my verm problem
Brush your rocks to break the verm shells you have. Get bumble bee snails. They will keep your tank in check. Check with your petco. Mine usually carries them. I would get 6-8 of them for your size tank.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Brush your rocks to break the verm shells you have. Get bumble bee snails. They will keep your tank in check. Check with your petco. Mine usually carries them. I would get 6-8 of them for your size tank.
I have roughly 6-8 in my tank already... they do NOTHING.

I did my quarterly rock scrub of both astarina starfish (bastards) and verms... actually prefer the verms over the astarina... When I removed some astarina from zoanthid stalks you saw it rip away flesh... I want them to all perish. I left them in a box and put in freezing cold garbage can at curb. good riddons.

Two photos: one of the box of all bastards another is a invert that I need an ID of.

As for diatoms or dinos... I am not sure what they are, as the intensity goes down they go away and even before lights turn off they're gone.

Attachments

• PXL_20201215_021826579.jpg
    PXL_20201215_021826579.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20201215_020020604.jpg
    PXL_20201215_020020604.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 8