• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

its official. BLACK BUGS !!!!

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have used DR G's. Worked like a charm. I had red and black bugs. Stopped skimmer and carbon. I used 3 capfuls on a 150 and waited several days. Added 2 more capfuls because larger ones were still alive. 2 days later no activity. Resumed carbon and skimmer and never stopped auto water change at .5 gallon per day. 3 weeks later repeated process due to new activity. I had no notable effects on rest of tank inhabitents . I do recommend removing shrimp though. It has been 4-5 months since treatment with no sign of the little devils. They can be beaten!
1 bottle treated your 150g?

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
No where near enough. I bottle is 1 large dog pill so you can back into it. Need to be at 4x to 10x the red bug dose to kill them.
once the bottle comes in, I gotta make sure it still has the proper drug in it. *fingers crossed*

1 bottle treated your 150g?
Yes. I went off a post for dosage on another site.
"Well I just dosed! It arrived earlier today and I did about 5 1/2 capfuls since my system is a 120 with a emerald 34 sump. Unplugged my skimmer and letting it run!"
I didnt want to overdose so I used 3 capfuls and 2 more later for a total of 5. I would have added more if I needed to. I still have 4 oz of the 8oz bottle.
General information I found said 7ml for every 30 gallons for red bugs( and in my case the black ones too) and 1ml per gallon for flatworms.