• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

iTzJu's 90 Gallon Mixed Reef Adventure :)

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
What's the size of your frag tank? Are you gonna grow macro in the sump? Nice set up, wish I had that kind of space.

Thanks! The tank is a 40 Breeder with a 30 Gallon Sump. I don't plan on adding any macro to the sump, just live rocks for now. I plan on adding an Algae Turf Scrubber to help keep NO3 and PO4 at bay.

oh, and don't mind the mess with the wires. I plan on picking up a RKL this weekend to control everything on the frag tank.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Judeo, not sure if I’m seeing the picture clearly, but it would appear that the stand is assembled with screws supporting all the weight. This isn’t a good thing. You ideally want a design similar to this:

ReefcentralStand.jpg

This is easily fixed by cutting more dimensional lumber that snuggle fits between the upper and lower frames….the purple boards in the above picture…..and adding them to your existing stand.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys, dont know how to explain this but the tank is not just being supported by screws on the frame but resting on actual wood on the 4 support beams. I am not the one who built the stand, not a crafty guy lol my dad did but I will suggest to reinforce it.

I can some what get what you drew here a friend of mines built his stand similar and never had any issues with his 180

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Screws are one step better than my AGA stands that are held together with just staples and wood glue! :eek:

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Frag tank is up and running and I am in the process of transferring all my corals.

2013-03-10170949.jpg

One questions though, I have a Derasa Clam. can I just place these guys on the bare bottom or on the racks? don't they need something to hold on to?