• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

iTzJu's SCA Rimless 75 Gallon

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
EPogyS5.jpg

I was finally able to find some time to get it plumbed! I just need to do something about the silicone tubing kink on the bend.

just need to do the scape and we should be getting wet!

haha, slow but steady. :dance:

EPogyS5.jpg

I was finally able to find some time to get it plumbed! I just need to do something about the silicone tubing kink on the bend.

just need to do the scape and we should be getting wet!

haha, slow but steady. :dance:

Looks nice and clean.
Good job.

The kink should disappear once you get water flowing. The pressure should spread it out.
But that seems link a good place for flexible PVC just have to.lose the barbs

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Looks nice and clean.
Good job.

The kink should disappear once you get water flowing. The pressure should spread it out.

yeah thats what im hoping it would do, i'll see how bad or not bad it is when water is running.

I thought about flex, but couldn't find a blue to match and to save time just went with the silicone tubing. I can always change it up if the find the flow is really being hindered

Looks nice and clean.
Good job.

Or you could use braided nylon tube. Real tuff to kink. All you have to do is boil some water and hold it bent approximately how you want it and dip in cold water. It will make it easy to convince it to be the shape you want

yeah thats what im hoping it would do, i'll see how bad or not bad it is when water is running.

I thought about flex, but couldn't find a blue to match and to save time just went with the silicone tubing. I can always change it up if the find the flow is really being hindered
Get one of those nylon hose clamps and put it right at that spot. It will squeeze in the ends and bring it back to round.
But really if that's silicone tube you probably won't see the kink after pressurized

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
got the ABS bottom on, made a little mess with the rtv but I'll scrap it off once it cures.

scaping this week. making progress.

but might have to leave for Chicago soon for work. ugh..

any recommendations on hard water stains? tried citric acid, vinegar and Mr clean pads and still won't really come off on the upper part of the tank.

sEfFzYT.jpg

got the ABS bottom on, made a little mess with the rtv but I'll scrap it off once it cures.

scaping this week. making progress.

but might have to leave for Chicago soon for work. ugh..

any recommendations on hard water stains? tried citric acid, vinegar and Mr clean pads and still won't really come off on the upper part of the tank.

sEfFzYT.jpg

Looking good Jud!!!!!
I think you can try to remove the water marks with a razor blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Looking good Jud!!!!!
I think you can try to remove the water marks with a razor blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Razor blade for sure. But did you wash with vinegar or SOAK. Like for hours in vinegar
Right! Did you lay it on this side, poured vinegar on glass and let it soak?

this tank is incredibly heavy, couldn't really get it to one side and have it soak like I would like I may have to just keep spray vinegar on it for a week lol

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
welp... so this tank has been on the back burner for awhile now after some unforseen misfortunes on my 34 gal frag tank thanks to some AEFW. ll, tried everything from Purge to dips but couldn't beat them and wiped me out of all my acros. c'est la vie as they say. :distant:

I also set up a IM Ext 30 since I needed a place for my corals that weren't acros and I planned on nuking the 34 Gal since aefw deserve to be nuked in more ways than one.

Anyway, while all that was happening this tank has just been aging like fine wine waiting for its turn to get some attention. The tank has been running since July/August? and this has been the longest I have let a tank "mature" without rushing to filling it up with corals. Luckily, I was able to get some stuff done this weekend and plan to finally getting all the gear put on and treating it like the display it deserves to be. Below is a photo under the cabinet.

OQvAqtT.jpg

I need to put in a few more things, like the calcium reactor, doser, move over the KHG from the frag tank and tidy up some more wires which I plan on doing this week. I also need to DIY a skimmer stand for the skimmer, the level is off by 2 inches and I"ve been controlling the air intake so it doesn't overflow. Also don't mind the mismatch of color on ATO reservoir, I bought months before I even had this tank. Still so much to do but, it's getting there.

below are some pics of corals from the IM 30 Ext. Some stuff I picked up from the NJRC frag swap.

Walt Disney. Small frag I picked up a few weeks ago, was pretty pastel and washed out in color when I initially got it but it's getting better.
KRygqeE.jpg

Red Planet. Got this from Mike at the NJRC Swap. Don't mind the super glue bubble. lol I was going to cut it but I thought it would be pretty cool if it started to encrust on it.
s0TwE0a.jpg

UC Walt Disney. got from Mark at Ultimate at the swap. Starting to look more like an Orange Passion but it's nice either way.
FubmbqK.jpg

UC Juicy Fruit. From Mark at Ultimate. names this myself since I was the first buyer. lol hoping for the yellow to come in the like mother colony.
tiBFVAN.jpg

Below are just some random shots
2MYtxyV.jpg

YVchTxr.jpg

3N0CjTF.jpg

let see how long my next update will be... lol

@iTzJu ahhhhh the long awaited photos. Gotta tell ya. It was worth the wait. Now let’s not take so long. To add. Plus I re read this whole thread. And you write fantastic. So post more as well, you have a lot of great well explained Reefing info. And newbies to the reef side like me. truly appreciate you guys and gals that share that knowledge and passion in such a way that it’s easy to digest

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
@iTzJu ahhhhh the long awaited photos. Gotta tell ya. It was worth the wait. Now let’s not take so long. To add. Plus I re read this whole thread. And you write fantastic. So post more as well, you have a lot of great well explained Reefing info. And newbies to the reef side like me. truly appreciate you guys and gals that share that knowledge and passion in such a way that it’s easy to digest

Thanks! I think I just talk a lot which reflects into my writing lol and definitely, always down to give advice when I can.

Very nice !

Thanks! you did most of the work in the colors for the red planet haha. hows your Juicy Fruit Acro?