• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

January Meeting Sun 21st in Hunterdon County

Status
Not open for further replies.
reneeRN said:
Hey sinkingbeach...your point is....

you are the water boy?
you are scalping tickets?
selling shirts in the parking lot?

WHAT!!! I dont get it...

Sounds like a disappointed Giants fan to me ;D If you really must know it's Live In Game Betting

ok ok, sinkingbeach, I get it. You have a vested interest in the game. No Giants fan, here. If any, I like the Steelers and Browns ;) Well, we have a few TV's here, I wouldnt mind you watching. Actually, my husband would probably join you. Hope you consider it.

Renee,

Please put us down for attending. It would be 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids. The kids are 4 & 2, I hope that's not too young?

Also - we live only 10 mi. away, please let me know what we can bring to contribute. You can email me at sorcha1972@yahoo.com

If I can add a vote to topics, we would really love to see a fragging demo, we're weak in that area and want to get better for the sake of trades.

Are people bringing frags to the meeting? If so, how is this handled and how are the trades handled?

Thanks for the information for a newbie! Really looking forward to meeting NJ Reefers. :D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorcha,

Our kids are 4 & 6. The ages of the kids at the meeting run the gammut.

The club has raffles at all of the meetings. Usually 10-15 raffles. The raffle tickets are 2 for 5$/5 for 10$/12 for 20$ and 24 for 30$. We usually have an interesting assortment of shrooms, zoos, SPS and leathers.

Club members usually bring frags along. Sometimes we talk about it in advance, most times it is just pot luck on what shows up at the meeting. If there's something in particular you're looking for express an interest and I'm sure you'll find someone who has what you're looking for.

Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting.

Excellent - I'll be sure to buy as many tix as I can!   ;D

We're in the process of collecting brightly colored zoos & shrooms right now.  So if by any chance someone has some available....

We don't have much to offer at the moment beyond some Xenia and Anthelia, and that's because it all grows like a weed!  I'm assuming more experienced reefers have as much as they need or avoid it altogether.

Really looking forward to this.

Happy New Year everyone!

Sarah

Sorcha said:
Please put us down for attending.  It would be 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids.  The kids are 4 & 2, I hope that's not too young?
If I can add a vote to topics, we would really love to see a fragging demo, we're weak in that area and want to get better for the sake of trades.
Are people bringing frags to the meeting?  If so, how is this handled and how are the trades handled?

Hi sorcha (Sarah),
sorry to take so long to respond, i work 12 hour night shift and spend the rest of my time like a zombie.  i am glad Phyllis has my back.   ;)
Any age child is fine, i have 3 daughters that love little ones, they will keep them busy and safe.  my brood of 4 are ages 14, 12, 11 and 11 (yea twins).  this club has real quality people attending.  i am quite new to it as well.  I dont have anything like the great display tanks i have seen at their houses, but i have a house to offer the club.  mostly it will be a food fest with great conversation and an awesome raffle (dont get busted folding your raffle tickets).  Different demo's occur at different meetings, i am sure someone can show you how to frag while we are here.  the demo this month is going to be something created from acrylic. 
several club members bring a few frags for sale, usually after the raffle at the end. 
you will have fun.  welcome.
REnee

Edit: Moved end quote up

put me down for a possibly please

me, wifey, & 2 year old daughter

BTW, I sell ice cream and can bring a ton of it if you'd like, anything from B&J's to Spongebob bars to Klondikes :p

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh man... just what we need.. an ice cream vendor coming to the meetings..

Weight Watchers group buy anyone??

HerbieK

NJRC Honorary Member
NJRC Member
Count me in Renee. I may have a couple of mushrooms for you like we spoke about at the holiday party. I will bring a couple of bottles of vino if that is OK.

Herb

Status
Not open for further replies.